Force Push

By Snoochies, in Rules

Had a situation today where I used Force Push to move a trooper unit leader into base contact with myself making us engaged. Was this a legal move? I did this to stop Luke attacking me, reading the rules later seemed to suggest that Luke could have also started a melee combat as well as the troopers I’d moved into engagement.

You can definitely use force push as more of a force pull... also based on the scenario you described it would seem that both Luke and the troopers could have melee attacked you during their activation... but in my last game I used force pull to move a unit closer to me then moved and attacked it, and it benefited me by not killing the whole unit because then his other troopers couldn' all shoot at me with ranged attacks

Adding another question - can you force push/pull units off the board?

I did this the other day and force pushed an entire unit of stormies off the board. We couldn't find anything in the rules on whether or not that was a legal move.

4 hours ago, jgibbs2 said:

Adding another question - can you force push/pull units off the board?

I did this the other day and force pushed an entire unit of stormies off the board. We couldn't find anything in the rules on whether or not that was a legal move.

I see that as a legitimate strategy. What we don’t have rules for as of now though is what if I force push someone off of elevated terrain? Is there any fall damage that would take place from being pushed off a building above the height of the mini or range 1?

3 minutes ago, Patteous said:

I see that as a legitimate strategy. What we don’t have rules for as of now though is what if I force push someone off of elevated terrain? Is there any fall damage that would take place from being pushed off a building above the height of the mini or range 1?

If the move cannot be performed if it were not a push - can you push the move?

Force Push is you performing a move with thT unit, right? You have to be able to perform the move — the only exception (even if engaged) is listed.

Csn you have your Troopers willingly jump off s height 3 tower with a single move?

19 minutes ago, Patteous said:

I would use the clamber rules as a guide.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

If the move cannot be performed if it were not a push - can you push the move?

Force Push is you performing a move with thT unit, right? You have to be able to perform the move — the only exception (even if engaged) is listed.

Csn you have your Troopers willingly jump off s height 3 tower with a single move?

The rules for Panic say if you move off of height 1+ terrain you roll for clamber which is cool. I could see Force Push being ruled either way though. Cool in the sense of pushing troopers to their, potential, death. Not cool as in it seems pretty easy to exploit.

48 minutes ago, KingCHUD said:

The rules for Panic say if you move off of height 1+ terrain you roll for clamber which is cool. I could see Force Push being ruled either way though. Cool in the sense of pushing troopers to their, potential, death. Not cool as in it seems pretty easy to exploit.

RAW, it seems viable using the same clamber rules that panic talks about.

Thing is, you could only do it if the target units leader is already in base contact with the terrain edge, otherwise you could just push them to the edge, not over it.

But it’s a “move” not a “clamber”. So could it be argued that it’s not legal? Also is it possible to walk your own units the table edge? If not, I’m not sure it will be legal to push entire units off the table. Pretty powerful for a 15 pt free action.