Play the Objective

By AintNoPoser, in Battle Reports

Played my first full game last night. Ran with Vader, 4 Stormies, and a decked-out chicken walker. Decided not to play the objective until the 2nd half of the game. Cost me the game even though I took out Luke beginning of round 3 and panicked his scum. This is definitely a tactical combat game where the Objective does matter.

I couldn’t agree more!

In fact I spent an entire game not firing a single time on an AT-ST because there were always other targets that would impact the objective token collection more...

... despite the devastating fire output of the Walker!

Yeah gotta be careful on what the mission type is, if its troopers only that can score those are the main priority, but if its squad leaders then everything is a go. Its a good way to shake things up.

Played my first game tonight, takes a couple of rounds to get the rules down, but once you do it’s great.

Winning by taking objectives just not pew pewing the other team a lot of fun. Best part as we were wrapping up the final round of the night we were tied with one trooper leader each in range of the objective and in strolls Vader with a force push blows the rebel scum out of range of the objective giving me the win.

The at-st was a great win for me cause he just stayed back and basically hand out suppression tokens and broke the at-rt

Table you opponent is hard. And it isn't like objective points lost can be made up by just killing lots of enemies (the way it is in most tabletop game) So I thought this was obvious.