AT-ST Poses

By Alathazal, in Painting

I have made one AT-ST the standard stationary pose, but was wondering what others have done as I still have another to build? Pictures are appreciated too :)

I have mine mid walk. The picture is just from when I was dryfitting stuff but it is still pretty close to this. Really looking forward to painting it up!

TcpswQE.jpg?1

I don't have one of those, but I have been wondering...

Has anyone put a rock or something on their base and had the AT-ST be stepping onto it?

Pic of mine in the Blood Legionnaires thread.

I've seen a few attempts at AT-ST posing and I'd just like to say, as a PSA...

Before posing your AT-ST for walking action, watch the scenes it's featured in in the various films. AT-STs don't walk like humans (heel toe stride), they move more like (what one facebooker described) a drunken ostrich. They tend to "drag" their toes a bit and lean heavily off to one side for each step. It makes a big difference.

Edited by Tvayumat

I'm nearly done painting and assembling mine, but the legs are ready to roll.

IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg
upload image for website

14 minutes ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg
upload image for website

See here's a good example. To look "just right" the AT-ST would be leaning away from, not toward, the leading foot. This is the only way it could balance and not simply fall over forward. Mechanically speaking this will also result in the model itself having a more stable center of balance and be less prone to tipping.

Lowered toe looks good though.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just pointing out that their movement is very distinct.

Edited by Tvayumat

I can't tell if you're saying this is right or wrong...

Just now, OccasionallyCorrect said:

I can't tell if you're saying this is right or wrong...

50/50

The toe drag and leg position looks good, the overall frame should be leaning in the opposite direction so most of the weight is over the planted foot, not hanging over the raised foot.

And I really don't mean to be "that guy" about this. Obviously you should pose it how you want to, and the paint job so far looks wonderful.

Thanks! Yeah, I screwed the foot into place and in retrospect I could have shifted one of the brackets to adjust how it hangs. I think it'll still look great! I'll make some adjustments for my second one.

1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

50/50

The toe drag and leg position looks good, the overall frame should be leaning in the opposite direction so most of the weight is over the planted foot, not hanging over the raised foot.

And I really don't mean to be "that guy" about this. Obviously you should pose it how you want to, and the paint job so far looks wonderful.

Magic space gyros?

10 hours ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

Thanks! Yeah, I screwed the foot into place and in retrospect I could have shifted one of the brackets to adjust how it hangs. I think it'll still look great! I'll make some adjustments for my second one.

I wouldn't worry, yours looks like it is taking a high speed turn, very dynamic! Maybe not screen accurate (with these guys moving at snail pace most of the time), but believable and cool.

11 hours ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg
upload image for website

Its like the tlj at-st lego made

Here is mine, not quite done with th paint yet.

BC5CFDF2-858B-49A7-8943-66DD49DFB235.jpeg

690E39AA-BCB4-4111-9A6B-1E6CFAADC340.jpeg

5FA825BA-F5B1-4D8E-AC39-8AE786F7FED7.jpeg

Edited by Bdarin04

I also wanted to make it mid walking and took advice and inspiration from Sorastros vid, but im not sure it turned out too good. Its not a practical pose for transportation, ill tell you that :D

will post pic when i get home

18 hours ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

IMG_3282.jpg
IMG_3283.jpg
upload image for website

Throw a BB8 mini on top of that SOB and call it DONESIES.

Lol! Ridiculous, but I bet it would get some laughs at the table.

3 minutes ago, OccasionallyCorrect said:

Lol! Ridiculous, but I bet it would get some laughs at the table.

He'd fit in the little gap and everything!

tkotrCL.jpg

CVpVlvX.jpg

XHJ3ndV.jpg

"Dad look......DAAAAD......LOOK!"

LRH2rb1.jpg

Edited by Soulless
17 hours ago, nungunz said:

Magic space gyros?

Like spiced roast nerf with tzatziki sauce? Mmmm.

1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

Like spiced roast nerf with tzatziki sauce? Mmmm.

Gyro as in gyroscope, not the delicious food of tastyness.

9 hours ago, Bdarin04 said:

Here is mine, not quite done with th paint yet.

BC5CFDF2-858B-49A7-8943-66DD49DFB235.jpeg

Is that not too front heavy?

(ie with the centre of gravity appearing to be just outside the front of the base, are there stability issues?)

Edited by ABXY
5 hours ago, KalEl814 said:

Throw a BB8 mini on top of that SOB and call it DONESIES.

There is a really good BB8 that comes with one of the Poe's X-Wing models...

44 minutes ago, ABXY said:

Is that not too front heavy?

(ie with the centre of gravity appearing to be just outside the front of the base, are there stability issues?)

No it’s perfectly stable that way as long as it’s on a hard level surface like a table.

More of the weight sits over the planted foot than you’d think.

Edited by Bdarin04