Anyone looking to play in Dayton, Ohio?

By Patteous, in Organized Play

Looking for people to play with in the greater Dayton area? My friends are very “I need to play this game multiple times before I buy into it” sort of people so I’m stuck without anyone to play with unless my gf steps in, which is super awesome but I know she’s not really into it and just doing it cause she knows I want someone to play with. It’s be awesome to find some people on here that are near me that would be down to meet up and mash armies.

Have you checked with Epic Loot? I know they have a decent X-Wing following. I’m in cbus and we have a quickly growing group of Legion players. There is a central Ohio Legion Facebook group if you want to check it out.

Give me a couple weeks to get my army together and Id be up for it

I'm down to play. Weekdays after work are better for me than weekends in the Spring due to the OTHER hobby that sucks up all the time in my life. Give me some warning and I'm happy to throw an army in a box and bring it to work for gaming afterward.

One of the Epic Loot store employees told me they've got a Facebook group started for it, too. Go to either location's page and you should be able to find it. Couldn't tell you membership, though, since the admin's not approved me yet.

Edit: They got to their round of join request approvals, looks like around 20 members of the FB group, so that's promising.

Edited by kaffis

Not exactly Dayton, but if you head to Fairborn by WPAFB, Bookery Fantasy is trying to get people together for it.

I really don't trust Bell Book & Comics which is setting up, they tend to be trouble with other games I've played there. Namely that they charge for attending events and then tend to try selling off the promos intended for rewards in their shop. I've refused to shop there since there was a WotC free Magic event a couple years back where it was a free half deck and a booster you get when you show up for it, complete so many games and challenges with it and you get a second booster...Bellbook registered for the event and had it on the site, then they told anyone who showed up that no one was doing it so they used it for a draft tournament that they charged for.

They also did it with other games, so I'm not going to mess with them again...

5 minutes ago, Shadows of the Future said:

Not exactly Dayton, but if you head to Fairborn by WPAFB, Bookery Fantasy is trying to get people together for it.

I really don't trust Bell Book & Comics which is setting up, they tend to be trouble with other games I've played there. Namely that they charge for attending events and then tend to try selling off the promos intended for rewards in their shop. I've refused to shop there since there was a WotC free Magic event a couple years back where it was a free half deck and a booster you get when you show up for it, complete so many games and challenges with it and you get a second booster...Bellbook registered for the event and had it on the site, then they told anyone who showed up that no one was doing it so they used it for a draft tournament that they charged for.

They also did it with other games, so I'm not going to mess with them again...

I’ve had some troubles with them in the past too. Game Haven on Airway is having Legion set up on their X-Wing night which is Thursday’s from 6-10. Epic Loot said to keep an eye on their Facebook as they’re planning on organizing a regular night. They’ve got a good bit of terrain in store too.

2 minutes ago, Patteous said:

I’ve had some troubles with them in the past too. Game Haven on Airway is having Legion set up on their X-Wing night which is Thursday’s from 6-10. Epic Loot said to keep an eye on their Facebook as they’re planning on organizing a regular night. They’ve got a good bit of terrain in store too.

I might check that out myself, had some fun with a few things there in the past. Main reason why I'm going with Bookery is because there used to be a great, consistent group there for the WotC SW minis games when that was still going, several of which are starting back with legion now.

2 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

I might check that out myself, had some fun with a few things there in the past. Main reason why I'm going with Bookery is because there used to be a great, consistent group there for the WotC SW minis games when that was still going, several of which are starting back with legion now.

I’ll probably be going to Game Haven every Thursday until my knee is recovered enough to get back to training Jiu Jitsu. Had surgery the week before Legion came out which was perfect timing to give me all the free time I needed to paint the core set and all my Rebel expansions. Hopefully I’ll see you there. The owner said he’s got 3 of his regular X-Wing guys that picked up legion and one has been printing Imperial Terrain like mad for months in preparation. He said if enough people show up regularly they’ll get a league going. I know with their X-Wing league they do monthly prizes based on wins.

Game Haven - Thursdays 6pm-?

Epic Loot - Tuesday’s 5pm-?

these are the places and times I know of so far.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, Patteous said:

Epic Loot - Tuesday’s 5pm

Can anyone confirm Epic Loot is doing Legion on Tuesday nights?

I looked all over their website and Facebook page but couldn't find any info.

I wasn't able to go last week and probably have to give it a miss tomorrow, too, but the three weeks before that there were folks.

7 hours ago, kaffis said:

I wasn't able to go last week and probably have to give it a miss tomorrow, too, but the three weeks before that there were folks.

About how many? I’ve gone to another stores night and I was one of 3 that showed up two weeks in a row and didn’t get a game either time.

Between 3 and 6, I think? Usually, one or two of them are off shift employees, and they're pretty good about being odd man out or taking the second game if someone can stay for two.

Been playing at Epic Loot. The group is good but been busy lately. I am happy to meet up and play you guys. If you’re in the Epic Loot FB group PM me. My name is listed as Andrew John in the group. I cannot play till around 8 on weeknights due to work but happy to meet most weekends too.

I know Hobby Shoppe on 741 wanted to start a play group too.

Edited by andrew.sellers2

If I still lived in Dayton! I’m in LA now looking for people to play ?

I’d try Epic Loot.