"Begun, this paint war has" (Added Lothal speeder bikes)

By Tvayumat, in Painting

Wow, those look fantastic!

A few more 3d prints to add to the roster.

Tired of waiting for ARCs!

M94Xa0S.jpg

And finished off my Agent Kallus Imperial Officer proxy, also printed with files courtesy of Skull Forge Studios.

JBCRJbL.jpg

Figured I might as well share my Lothal board build, and a few of the upcoming pieces to make things a bit more "Rebels"-y

dcu58lvwrex41.jpg

Modular walls and Vaporators based on Morad Sumar's farm and other locations from the show. Will update as the pieces are completed. If you're interested in following terrain progress and seeing some 3d renders and prints you can find them in my thread in Terrain Building.

latest?cb=20141021222516

Sneak peek at some upcoming Lothal based additions to my Imperial forces...

Yuo004Z.png

Edited by Tvayumat

Threw down a quick airbrush and drybrush on the test print for the Imperial Troop Transport, intended to operate as a "counts as" Occupier.

Printed beautifully and paints easy. Need to do another pass to add/modify some details and print another. My favorite part? It costs me maybe a dollar in materials!

v58XxjS.jpg

Ed2m5x1.jpg

NFWaA8s.jpg

1aa2N0h.jpg

Nice!

The Lothal occupation force grows! Designed to work as Death Trooper proxies, these are the first figures I've modelled, printed, and painted myself from scratch.

20200707_153030.jpg

Nice! They've got a certain "Terminator-meets-Space-Marine" look about them, but I don't think they're too far outside the Star Wars aesthetic. And it's your game so my opinion doesn't matter anyway! 😄

5 minutes ago, SFC Snuffy said:

Nice! They've got a certain "Terminator-meets-Space-Marine" look about them, but I don't think they're too far outside the Star Wars aesthetic. And it's your game so my opinion doesn't matter anyway! 😄

They were in SW Rebels, and based on the Dark Troopers from the old 90s game "Dark Forces", which more or less shaped a huge portion of my childhood ;)

latest?cb=20161208104959 latest?cb=20090813125739

Huh. Apparently, I've not delved deep enough into Rebels to have run across them. Now that I have something to compare, you made a nice likeness!

I remember Dark Troopers, though I don't recall them looking quite so much like 40K Space Marines... for me, that was around the time the EU jumped the shark and I started to get a little more selective with what was added to my headcanon.

Finished a quick paint job on two speeder bikes fresh from the Lothal Imperial Factory Complex!

5sXL0pv.jpg