Imperial Player App Variant

By player1155101, in Legends of the Alliance

So I just wanted to share this varient for anyone who might be interested. My campaign group and I have started playing the app with a varient that includes an imperial player. I have played through the app before and the others haven’t, so I am playing the imperial. This leaves some of the fear of the unknown for the rebels but also gives the empire the traditional information advantage. I am controlling the empire by using the force activation tool to choose who to activate, and then I am ignoring the app bonuses and just using the deployment card abilities. The first mission resulted in a down to the wire win for the rebels. It seems pretty balanced so far.

interesting, please keep us updated on the balance

So you're just controlling the timing of activations and movements of the Imperial figures for the app but letting the app control troop choice, deployment, etc? Are you using class and agenda cards?

Would love to hear more about this. I'm trying to do a version of the app missions that includes class and agenda cards, but I'm not sure how crazy the app gets with certain things. Have you noticed if the app ever changes the number of open groups for each mission?