Speeder bike pedals

By Lukez, in Painting

Is there any trick to lining these up? They don't seem to have a clear attachment point. In the assembly instructions they have a square tab but mine are just a flat bar.

If you 'dry' attach the pedals to the scout trooper it should then show you exactly where it will need to line up to. To be honest, unless you are painting the rider separately (recommended) then definitely attach pedals to feet, then bar to bike, then everything should work.

1 hour ago, EyeSeven said:

If you 'dry' attach the pedals to the scout trooper it should then show you exactly where it will need to line up to. To be honest, unless you are painting the rider separately (recommended) then definitely attach pedals to feet, then bar to bike, then everything should work.

That’s what I did. Had everything painted then glued the handle at pegs into the bike itself. Once I had the rider positioned right I added a dab of glue to the cross bar of the pedals and the feet of the trooper then let it line up. It looks as though the sculpts changed slightly between when the assembly instructions were drawn up and when production began.

On the bottom of the bike between the grooves that make up the engine block there's a groove that's a little larger/deeper than the others. It fits in there but its not the most obvious fit until you attach the rider to see where the feet go.