What else have you painted?

By Lord Ashram, in Painting

So, it IS a bit of a funny thing to finally see a Star Wars FFG game that really requires painting... X Wing and Armada don’t really need much brushwork.

But now there are so many new painters, and so many people coming in from more paint-heavy games with skills and experience!

So, wanted to ask... who are the other regular miniature painters here? How long have you been at it? What have you painted? Samples? Share, please!:)

Edited by Lord Ashram
On 3/27/2018 at 5:24 PM, Lord Ashram said:

So, it IS a bit of a funny thing to finally see a Star Wars FFG game that really requires painting... X Wing and Armada don’t really need much brushwork.

But now there are so many new painters, and so many people coming in from more paint-heavy games with skills and experience!

So, wanted to ask... who are the other regular miniature painters here? How long have you been at it? What have you painted? Samples? Share, please!:)

team yankee.

Edited by Soulfly626

I've been painting for over 20 years. Mostly Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, but I also churn out the occasional mini for role-playing or other games.

Not a lot of recent stuff but my ill-used blog has some examples: www.deepdarkdungeons.blogspot.com

Edited by ImhotepMagi

My first army I painted. Robotech

Edited by Soulfly626

Soul, I actually just helped start a company that sells a LOT of 15mm modern armor, so if there is anything special you are looking for, let me know... even a one off or whatever!

Imothep, very nice! Loved that empire knight head on that base. Great looking marines. Oh, and that titan is sharp:)

Edited by Lord Ashram

Oh, and I’ve painted up a bunch myself! Thirty years painting, back to early Airfix and now up through... well, now! Tons of historicals at all different scales... walking dead, sailing ships, armada, moderns, space marines... everything!

Ive kept a pretty active, photo heavy blog over the last eight or so years...

http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com/

Here are a few photos, to try to get you to come visit and waste a few hours clicking on eye candy!:)

DSC_0496.JPG DSC_0984.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0117.JPG DSC_0892.JPG 92.jpg DSC_1084.JPG DSC_0326.JPG DSC_0739.JPG DSC_0768.JPG

And I’ve spent YEARS putting together my game room...

room+with+shelf.JPG

Here it is, waiting for a buddy who was on the way over for an X Wing game!

room.JPG

13 minutes ago, Lord Ashram said:

Oh, and I’ve painted up a bunch myself! Thirty years painting, back to early Airfix and now up through... well, now! Tons of historicals at all different scales... walking dead, sailing ships, armada, moderns, space marines... everything!

Ive kept a pretty active, photo heavy blog over the last eight or so years...

http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com/

Here are a few photos, to try to get you to come visit and waste a few hours clicking on eye candy!:)

DSC_0496.JPG DSC_0984.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0117.JPG DSC_0892.JPG 92.jpg DSC_1084.JPG DSC_0326.JPG DSC_0739.JPG DSC_0768.JPG

And I’ve spent YEARS putting together my game room...

room+with+shelf.JPG

Here it is, waiting for a buddy who was on the way over for an X Wing game!

room.JPG

I just had a nerdgasm! that is the coolest gaming room ever....thanks for posting. I hijacked one of our dinning rooms. LOL.

3 hours ago, Lord Ashram said:

I’ve spent YEARS putting together my game room...

room+with+shelf.JPG

Im a so jealous

About 10 years. First 40k Orks (2.500 points), then necrons (6.000), dark angels (1.200). In between some fantasy (2.000 points lizardmen). All sold today. I broke with gw (only paints left). In the last years i painted descent and Runewars Minis. + some repaints in x wing. Now it’s Legion :)

Started painting in the early 90's with warhammer 40k, and have been painting ever since, although some years the output has only been 1 or 2 minis

Anyway here are some things I painted in the last few years for the annual lead painter League over at the lead Adventure Forum

9elsXW1.jpg QW3SJJi.jpg 2DE5Sgg.jpg rN70WTy.jpg m4GNHXs.jpg

And these were mostly painted around the time The Phantom Menace was in the theater, and you might recognize the inspiration for my Vampire counts :P

yRTsdZG.jpg

Here are a few from Super Dungeon Explore and Shadows of Brimstone.

gUBGcRM.jpg

4Q59sgj.jpg

AQoCU4r.jpg

V1zoqa3.jpg

GjQ77wt.jpg

rlppmx5.jpg

hDsjots.jpg

hbgxfjY.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr Tough Guy said:

Started painting in the early 90's with warhammer 40k, and have been painting ever since, although some years the output has only been 1 or 2 minis

Anyway here are some things I painted in the last few years for the annual lead painter League over at the lead Adventure Forum

And these were mostly painted around the time The Phantom Menace was in the theater, and you might recognize the inspiration for my Vampire counts :P

yRTsdZG.jpg

Ohhh, some pretty stuff there!

And who HASNT painted that banne?:)

DSC_1074.JPG

Eyeseven, great figures! Have to admit, I like the booby barmaid:)

Oh, And thanks for the kind words! If anyone in Northern NJ is looking to game...:)

Edited by Lord Ashram

Some great stuff in here.

I was into Lord of the Rings minis when the movies were out, then got back into it with the Hobbit. Painting was 95% of the attraction for me.Took a break though as I was studying for a few years and very busy.

Dusted off the brushes last week to see if I till had the knack.

IIx0avT.jpg

4R8GR8r.jpg

dIVGhNo.jpg

MtRZuYc.jpg

Ohhh, nice object source lighting! That's a tough trick, but one that might really work with so many lightsabers around...

I've been painting my X-wing mini's for the past year or so. Before that, over a decade ago I was painting up Batteltech mini's.

1 hour ago, Lord Ashram said:

Ohhh, nice object source lighting! That's a tough trick, but one that might really work with so many lightsabers around...

Thanks. Thats why I picked this mini as a tester. A good trick is to use complelentary colours in the shadows where the light isnt reaching. In this case blues and navys in the shadow to compliment the orange. Crimson inks for the transitions.

5 hours ago, Mr Tough Guy said:

yRTsdZG.jpg

BTW, meant to say... look at those old school beaky marines, and that guy with the crazy hair on the back left? LOVE that figure! Still have him in a box somewhere:)

7 minutes ago, Lord Ashram said:

BTW, meant to say... look at those old school beaky marines, and that guy with the crazy hair on the back left? LOVE that figure! Still have him in a box somewhere:)

Yeah I love those old beakies, Rogue Trader era spacemarines were the best spacemarines ever made, and it went all downhill after that :P

My favourite one is the one in the back in the middle that looks like John mclane from Die Hard, all bruised up and bandaged, a proper mini with real character

5 hours ago, Mr Tough Guy said:

Can I ask what game these minis are from?

21 minutes ago, Mr Tough Guy said:

Yeah I love those old beakies, Rogue Trader era spacemarines were the best spacemarines ever made, and it went all downhill after that :P

My favourite one is the one in the back in the middle that looks like John mclane from Die Hard, all bruised up and bandaged, a proper mini with real character

Yes! I have that figure too... I've got a TON of those old beakies in a box somewhere in a barn:)

@Lord Ashram the set up for your gaming stuff and historic paraphernalia is seriously so awesome. oh and the painting is nice too I guess :P

2 minutes ago, OMGBRICK said:

@Lord Ashram the set up for your gaming stuff and historic paraphernalia is seriously so awesome. oh and the painting is nice too I guess :P

Thanks man! Yeah, I've spent YEARS gathering all that stuff, and I always wanted a space that felt half museum, half game space. It's my favorite place in the world:)

I play.... a lot of games.... going through my recent paint logs...

Shadespire

u5WMboJ.jpg

TfNjcas.jpg

Warmachine/Hordes

Jd7Bwjs.jpg

Arena Rex

4rfhBZT.jpg

Malifaux

KtktMNY.jpg

Knight Models (Batman/DCU)

amWxIBS.jpg

Infinity

zTWVVKM.jpg

Guild Ball

ysIBnjS.jpg

I'm probably forgetting something, but those are a pretty good sample of what I play.

Speaking of Knight Models... can't wait for Harry Potter:)

3 hours ago, Indy_com said:

Can I ask what game these minis are from?

Not any specific game, just generic Sci-fi

The three on the left are all from the Astropolis range of Lead Adventure Miniatures:

http://www.lead-adventure.com/index.php?cPath=29

The 2 on the left are from the Pulp range of Statuesque Miniatures:

http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4513057/1/pulp.html

and the crates in the back are from Crooked Dice:

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product-category/terrain/