Al's Painting thread (latest progress 10 May)

By Alan Noir, in Painting

Tell him he's doing great!

25 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Tell him he's doing great!

I certainly will. He also did one of the speeder bikes entirely and did some basic layers on the rider.

Edited by Alan Noir

Better than mine!

Have you considered conversions?

m8JWlBq.jpg

RcdnjKL.jpg

Theyre pretty cool. I will end up converting further models once the core is out of the way. Did some very minor mods, head orientations, hands etc but nothing like scar squadron

Awesome paint apps Alan.

Awesome paint apps Alan.

1 hour ago, hemblecreations said:

Awesome paint apps Alan.

Cheers

A few tatooone buikdings we've been working on lately. 95% complete. Mostly polystyrene on an mdf base. Augmemted by vents doors and panels by Corvus games (a bargain).

hTGeoxE.jpg

wd3fxR6.jpg

CKWYQZD.jpg

5kyEiA1.jpg

i7B3KUf.jpg

Your terrain looks great. Really like the conversions on your miniatures.

59 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

Your terrain looks great. Really like the conversions on your miniatures.

Thanks! The conversions belong to another poster though.

What did you do to texture your buildings?

2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

What did you do to texture your buildings?

The polystyrene we used had a texture of its own but we gave it about 90% coverage with ready mixed pollyfilla (spackle). Applied mostly by hand I think. Just pulled a few lumps and smoothened out with fingers. When dried it was very lightly sanded to smooth out most of the bumps.

Haven't posted on here in ages. Pace of work is slow but we got a good few done over the last few weeks. I'm on instagram @abbmodels for more incl WIPs. Here's some that turned out well.

KZc6uXf.jpg

MjzHfHA.jpg

LDxJJed.jpg

Apo6QqU.jpg

mfuX5d6.jpg

S5QMcsR.jpg

C&C welcome

Those new models look great! Krennic's face in particular is awesome.

28 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

Those new models look great! Krennic's face in particular is awesome.

Thanks mate. The face was hard to nail down as all the screenshots of him are very dark, or the promo shots are all well lit so you don't get the redness of his rage! I think I used a picture of a repainted action figure for guidance. The sculpt itself is outstanding and it was a pleasure to paint.

Working on these death troopers. Still a few spot highlights to go. Guns and leather also. Happy with the greens on the helmet though. Will apply a tiny bit of osl afterwards. Probably a thin gloss coat too. C&C welcome

uMaQ5Nw.jpg

All done. If I were doing them again I'd do them individually. Feel like I rushed a lot. I lightly glossed the armour and it looks better IRL. Not my fav minis to paint so far but reasonably happy with them now it's over.

MB1urOI.jpg

More awesome work mate and love the desert dwellings.

Jyn Erso. Really enjoyed this. Keep pushing myself with each model. C&C welcome. Insta: @abbmodels

9QDB4dt.jpg

Some more recent additions

Insta : @abbmodels

Zbgku21.jpg

XEAeBCZ.jpg

All of your work is really good. I think your Jyn Erso is amazing. I had very little interest in her and put off painting the model for ages, but when I finally got around to it I realized it’s one of the nicest models in the whole line to paint.

Krennic is similar - although white is a nightmare for stormtroopers, he has the right mix of detail to allow for shading and assist you in making a nice varied surface. But the work you did on his face and hair is absolutely terrific.

I also heartily agree that, while the death trooper models are very good, they are just plain no fun to paint. So many panels and gradients that should be highlighted but would require a million years to hit.

Edited by BigBadAndy

Thanks. I agree that both Krennic and Jyn minis are excellent likenesses, but the official promo paint job let them down.

Im having good results with contrast black so may strip and re-do deathtroopers in time.

Thanks for the comments!

Got a few more done today

tVCYK3E.jpg

Pathfinders nearly complete. Bistan and the Orgazoid still need a few more layers

@abbmodels

r9eZcqa.jpg

A few new faces. Heads from Mel's Minuiatures. Some additional sculpting by me. More on Instagram @abbmodels

tEAJFvn.jpg

uPiUlZJ.jpg

lfHx9w8.jpg

pr10pyM.jpg