Write up of my first 800 point game!

By Palomarus, in Battle Reports

I think your diagnosis is correct: there is going to be a lot of players more into killing the opponent rather than actually following the objectives. They will learn, unfortunately!

I had a couple of players at our Launch Weekend make a comment about having to remember to play to the objective and not just killing their opponents stuff. They are mostly coming from X-Wing and don't have experience with other tabletop wargames, so it is understandable that it will take some adjustment to the different win conditions.

Nice write up.

Just theorycrafting but I think limited visibility and breakthrough are some of the worst setups for the imperials right now, especially if they use the AT-ST.

I think the trick with the Snowspeeder is that your second activation has to be a move such that you're out of range of getting shot back.

16 hours ago, NukeMaster said:

Nice write up.

Just theorycrafting but I think limited visibility and breakthrough are some of the worst setups for the imperials right now, especially if they use the AT-ST.

I couldn't agree more. Which is why I made sure to get it in the Battle Card selection process. ?

The Mortar Launcher is a bunch of dead weight if the Limited Visibility card is allowed to happen.