Fantasy Genesys

By c__beck, in Genesys

Here is the most recent version of my Fantasy "Handbook" for my home games.

I'm not good enough at doing this to keep version numbers and a changelog (even though I really

Thoughts, concerns, criticism, etc welcome!

I like the Cantrip talent, very interesting from a "easier casting" set up.

1 minute ago, Cyvaris said:

I like the Cantrip talent, very interesting from a "easier casting" set up.

Thanks! I wanted a way for spellcasters to use more magic before "running out of juice." And I think the limiting factor of only non-upgraded spells works well.

7 hours ago, c__beck said:

Thanks! I wanted a way for spellcasters to use more magic before "running out of juice." And I think the limiting factor of only non-upgraded spells works well.

By “spell,” I assume you mean magic action?

Edited by Simon Retold
4 hours ago, Simon Retold said:

By “spell,” I assume you mean magic action?

Yeah, spells are magic actions. They are used interchangeably in the core book:

" Since magic skills are more versatile—and thus potentially more useful—than other skills, we narrow down what is possible to accomplish with a particular magic skill by defining broad categories of actions, or spells . " (CRB 211).

3 hours ago, c__beck said:

Yeah, spells are magic actions. They are used interchangeably in the core book:

" Since magic skills are more versatile—and thus potentially more useful—than other skills, we narrow down what is possible to accomplish with a particular magic skill by defining broad categories of actions, or spells . " (CRB 211).

Huh. Guess I missed that. *chuckles*

I like it. The cantrip talent, that is.

I really like Cantrip Talent as well. A very fun idea for a tier 1 talent. I also really liked the Lucky talent. I'm definitely going to use some of these at my table.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:59 PM, c__beck said:

I'd played with that as a "Signature" spell thing. One Spell and a single Effect you pick at creation does not increase the difficulty, but Cantrip does it better. My only thing is skills like this sometimes make magic a bit too useful. I'm still trying to come up with something "balanced" that doesn't rob players of their own creativity or box them in that could be similar to spells for....non spellcasters. I know, I know "Skills" but...

Just a thought. If the rifle is smooth bored, doesn't that make it something besides a rifle?

19 minutes ago, FangGrip said:

Just a thought. If the rifle is smooth bored, doesn't that make it something besides a rifle?

Yeah, but it's a term that other people know on-sight.

It is evocative. Would musket have the same familiarity?

This is really a hidden gem.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, c__beck said:

Here is the most recent version of my Fantasy "Handbook" for my home games.

I'm not good enough at doing this to keep version numbers and a changelog (even though I really

Thoughts, concerns, criticism, etc welcome!

Would you by chance have an updated link to your setting? I had downloaded it a while ago, but can't seem to find it and I really liked some of the talents you created.

Seems the URL ist broken now, it says the file doesn't exist. 😓

Wow, how the heck did this start getting traction again?

Oh well. So, like many things these days, I'm revamping it and re-doing a lot of it to make it pretty and put it on the Foundry. No idea when it'll be done (seeing as this is Passover, my nights are spoken for until Saturday). But rest assured, when it's done I'll let everyone know!

If any of you want to read it over before it's put up for sale, message me and I'll get you a preview copy to provide feedback.