Zhar and his attack

By Innsmouth13, in Reference Materials

I am so confused by Zhar's attack. If anyone can clear it up for me that would be great.

As far as I understand it, it should be like:

- first round, investigators attack normally. Zhar attacks: the first player receives the Zhar token
- second round, all investigators attack normally, except for the investigator having the Zhar token; this investigator can use only one hand in combat. Zhar attacks: the player having the token is devoured
- third round, the remaining investigators attack normally. Zhar attacks: the first player receives the Zhar token
and so forth

as soon as you defeat it for the first time, fill up again its doom track and start over again. Remember that after removing its last doom token for the first time, any further successes from that attack are ignored

Julia said:

As far as I understand it, it should be like:

- first round, investigators attack normally. Zhar attacks: the first player receives the Zhar token
- second round, all investigators attack normally, except for the investigator having the Zhar token; this investigator can use only one hand in combat. Zhar attacks: the player having the token is devoured
- third round, the remaining investigators attack normally. Zhar attacks: the first player receives the Zhar token
and so forth

as soon as you defeat it for the first time, fill up again its doom track and start over again. Remember that after removing its last doom token for the first time, any further successes from that attack are ignored

That I understood. Thank you. Seems like Zhar is going to be tough to beat with a small group.

Well, Zhar is terrifying regardless of the number of players you have. Probably larger parties survive longer, but surviving long enough to win... well, that's another story ::laughing:: In Tibs statistics, you lose 88% of the times you fight it in the final battle. One of the thoughest ever.