Reign and Reverie coming to ANR!

By Joelist, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/6/reign-and-reverie/

We have a new Deluxe Set!

It looks like Boggs has influenced this too, as this set addresses all factions more or less evenly unlike the past ones that would really pump up one Runner and one Corp usually. I like this as it should mean the set does not cause instant meta unbalance.

That's a clever decision since it makes the set an attractive option even for players who considered themselves done with the game (like me). I hope one of the previews will show the cards for the 'mini-Runner-factions'. I expect there'll be (only) one for each of them, so they better be good!

8 hours ago, jhaelen said:

That's a clever decision since it makes the set an attractive option even for players who considered themselves done with the game (like me). I hope one of the previews will show the cards for the 'mini-Runner-factions'. I expect there'll be (only) one for each of them, so they better be good!

Actually the new cycle is giving as much love as one could ever hope for to the minifactions. I would imagine this new box would follow suit.

Actually the new cycle is giving as much love as one could ever hope for to the minifactions. I would imagine this new box would follow suit.

I agree. A quick search revealed that the mini-factions received new cards in the Flashpoint cycle, as well.

Packs from this cycle also show up quite often in the buying guide I found on BoardgameGeek. But it also includes quite a few cards that are on the 'most wanted' and ban lists. I wonder if it's worth getting?

Edited by jhaelen
8 hours ago, jhaelen said:

I agree. A quick search revealed that the mini-factions received new cards in the Flashpoint cycle, as well.

Packs from this cycle also show up quite often in the buying guide I found on BoardgameGeek. But it also includes quite a few cards that are on the 'most wanted' and ban lists. I wonder if it's worth getting?

If there are cards in those packs you want to play with, then yes. Though the last two cycles have some good cards in them and won't rotate for quite some time. Best thing to do is head over the netrunnerdb and search the specific packs you are interested in and look at all the cards in the packs. Find the packs that have the most cards you want, and start from there.

It will be interesting to see what the different cards are, especially as this is the first time a Deluxe expansion is "general purpose" as opposed to being centered on one Runner and one Corp (yes I know the Mini factions were introduced in a Deluxe but this is the exception to the rule so far).

The Too Big to Fail cards are interesting and so is Hangeki. In effect it is Shi Kyu as an Operation instead of an Ambush

On 3/14/2018 at 7:24 PM, Mep said:

Find the packs that have the most cards you want, and start from there.

Makes sense, I guess. Yesterday I re-sorted my card collection and removed the cards that are no longer valid (, which only took about 7 hours...). At least now I have sufficient space in my binders for two or three new cycles / deluxe sets :P

Edited by jhaelen

@jhaelen Oh god yeah, sorting of the cards takes forever.

11 hours ago, jhaelen said:

in my binders

Well, THERE’S your problem...

?

On 3/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Mep said:

@jhaelen Oh god yeah, sorting of the cards takes forever.

It's partly my own fault, I guess: I used to sort cards by faction, then type, then cost. The advantage was that it was quite easy to build decks just by flipping the pages, i.e. without a deckbuilder tool. But it did require a lot of sorting and re-sorting whenever new cards were releases. But it wasn't as bad as it may sound: It's perfectly possible to watch tv while doing it ;)

On 3/16/2018 at 9:38 PM, Grimwalker said:

Well, THERE’S your problem...

?

Well, how do you store your collection?

P.S.: I went ahead and ordered the first three packs from the Kitara cycle :)

I also prepared decks using just the revised core set, since one player expressed interest in learning the game. Is Shaper vs. Jinteki still the recommended factions setup for first-time play?

I don’t know of anybody who actually liked Shaper v. Jinteki as a good intro matchup. The new Core Set uses decks which disregard influence for tutorial purposes.

I store my collection in a 3-row BCW storage box, sorted by Faction/Type/A-Z. It’s extremely easy to flip through and find the cards I want, and to sort them back when the deck is done. When I purged Genesis/Spin/Core 1.0, all I did was put the box lid in my lap, grab chunks of cards and just riffle through them, dropping anything with a Power/WiFi/Microphone symbol into my lap. It took about half an hour. Then take that pile, sort by set symbol. Pull up the Core 2.0 list, and pull out all the cards that didn’t rotate, put them back in the box.

https://imgur.com/a/qnSei

On 13/03/2018 at 9:11 AM, jhaelen said:

You mean like the Sunny card included in the card fan in the linked preview?

EDIT: Sorry, did you mean you wanted the details? I think I misread your post.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

Yes, I meant, I'd like to see the card texts.

However, in the meantime I've already made up my mind and decided I'm going to get the set. For some reason I'm currently rather hyped about Netrunner again :)

They started spoiling some of the cards yesterday. Runner gets an interesting ID plus other cards all of which rely on the Runner having no or few cards in grip to really operate at full power. Corp (specifically NBN) gets a very cool new ID and they showed a piece of expensive but horrifying ICE (to the Runner) for NBN. They also showed an interesting Asset that enhances a piece of ICE and enhances the ability of NBN to tag the Runner.