Canadian Nationals Prizes Delayed

By armurray, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

I just got an email from Asmodee stating that prizes are going to be delayed for Canadian nationals. While I appreciate that Asmodee will be taking addresses and getting prizes out eventually, I have to admit that it's a bit of a letdown to hear that they won't be available the day of. Considering the amount of time they've had to prepare, it's a bit surprising that they've come up empty handed. IA already feels like the forgotten middle child of the Star Wars line, and this isn't helping.

Breakout Con_DelayLetter.pdf

@armurray

I was also disappointed to find that in my inbox.

If it's any consolation, I think it's a general letter pertaining to ALL of the OP kits, not just to Imperial Assault, which means that all the players got the ball equally dropped on them, so IA is on completely even ground as X-Wing in Destiny in terms of botched OP support.

It doesn't get more equal-outcome than that, friends!

I actually look at this as good news. They said in the email that they'll still be adding in some replacement prizes, but also mailing out the real prizes after the tournament. Double prize support FTW!

might this be for the same reason that they took down the World's prizes article?

If the 'real' prizes have potential spoilers for a release that they may or may not have already had plans to be released by now...

nationals prizes were available at Italian Nationals :)

I heard Canadian Nationals prized are inbound to each player! So watch your mailbox over the next few weeks. :)

On 10/17/2018 at 9:04 AM, NeverBetTheFett said:

I heard Canadian Nationals prized are inbound to each player! So watch your mailbox over the next few weeks. :)

a month later... still no news from anyone getting anything? :p

1 hour ago, Kalandros said:

a month later... still no news from anyone getting anything? ?

Maybe now they can blame it on the Canada Post strikes :P

Yup. Still no news from me either. What a debacle. I was patient at first. Then I was feeling bad for the players who didn't get what they were promised in a timely manner. Now I'm embarrassed for FFG and Asmodee. I've lost a lot of faith in FFG and it's shown by my participation in the last few months. I can honestly say that I still love IA the best, but can also say with certainty that I won't be moving into another FFG game if this one ever dies. They all seem to be non-thematic cash grabs with games I frankly don't find that entertaining.

Yeah. I mean, this on top of the World's debacle, AND European Top 16 Medals still havent been sent out...

Whaddaya know, I just got an email saying that they're being shipped out! Unless you are Gerry Russell or Andrew Stasses (who they apparently don't have addresses for) you should have gotten one too.

On 11/30/2018 at 5:18 PM, ManateeX said:

Whaddaya know, I just got an email saying that they're being shipped out! Unless you are Gerry Russell or Andrew Stasses (who they apparently don't have addresses for) you should have gotten one too.

Neither my son or I got an email about the Canadian National prizes yet - hoping that they didn't screw up the list of people attending.

45 minutes ago, mrumsey said:

Neither my son or I got an email about the Canadian National prizes yet - hoping that they didn't screw up the list of people attending.

I'll send you a message with the contact info if you'd like to ask her about it

Everyone received their stuff?
I did, with a bonus KeyForge deck they threw in for each of us~ good thing I play KeyForge :p

I haven't yet - although I did get an email saying it had been shipped.