Completed first mission

By totalnoob, in Legends of the Alliance

I had tried to play the app when it was first released, but gave up as the tutorial was moving too slow for my son. But after the update, I decided to give it another try. I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with the overall product. I think the way the objectives progress and the way maps are built as you go are brilliant.

My daughter and I played three total heroes, and completed the tutorial with only a couple rules mixups. We both enjoyed it, especially the way the upgrade stage was handled at the end. We are looking forward to the next mission. Hopefully the pace of the next mission will pickup since it won’t have all the instructional text as part of the mission.

Overall, a solid experience and a nice way to be able to play solo or co-op. I really can’t get over the total value for the core set when you consider you get three different game modes (campaign, skirmish, app campaign). Each of the different modes offer something different and interesting.

You can also restart the campaign and skip the tutorial. You'll get a different first mission then.

I am trying the campaign for a second time now with my son (and now also wife), and it is totally different experience. For sure, we have changed a lot, even the number of heroes, but also the app has huge replayability by itself