Brood War rules online, cut

By RedMageStatscowski, in StarCraft

I've been reading the rules for the Expansion online, but I noticed it seems some of the pages are missing from the file, since the page number jumped. Why is this so?

That version of rules does not include scenarios.

Why not? I want to know how good the scenarios are before getting the expansion.

Knuckles Eki said:

Why not?

Don't ask me :)

Knuckles Eki said:

I want to know how good the scenarios are before getting the expansion.

There are 4 scenarios.

Each of them has some victory conditions for each faction / team, but overally all of them divide teams on:

- "attacking": trying to archieve some specified goals

- "defending" - all they have to do is to survive long enough to win (e.g. by Conquest Points)

Scenarios:

1 - for 2 players, Raynor defending vs Overmind (like on Mar Sara)

2 - for 3 players, in this scenario Raynor, Mengsk And Alraris try to archieve different goals, disturbing each other, in addition "neutral" (partially controlled by Raynor) Zergs are present - Raynor has to "defend" them if he wants to win (before Aldaris wins by anihilating them), but they may also be used to by Raynor to deal with Mengsk

3 - for 4 players, Zeratul and Kerrigan trying to capture Khalis and Uraj Crystal form the enemies before they get enough Conquest Points

4 - for 3-6 players, 2 separete teams (reces) trying to kill the Overmind before time goes out

I was goign to play the Raynor vs. Overmind scenario with my girlfriend yesterday, but honestly it looks overwhelmingly biased in favor of the Terrans. They can basically use Bunker support cards every turn if they pay one gas, and the Bunker card is expanded to allow it to be used on any area with a Guard token, not just a base.

It's also the only scenario with unit restrictions; Terrans can only use Marines, Firebats, Medics and Vultures, while Zerg are restricted to Zerglings, Hydralisks and Mutalisks. This suck big time for the Zerg. Vultures with Spider Mines and Terran infantry units + Medic/Bunker is brutal. It seems like the only hope for the Zerg is to mass Mutalisks and pray that you draw their combat cards.

Raynor wins automatically after five turns if he hasn't been killed.