Any Word on Another Campaign?

By richarDISNEY, in Legends of the Alliance

Has anyone heard if FFG is planning on adding another campaign onto the Legends of the Alliance app?

Right now, it's just the tutorial and The Flight of the Freedom Fighter.

Will there be additional content for this app?

Thanks!

I would be pretty sure they are, but there has not been any news (that I have heard of when). Before that we will likely see full ally integration. My guess is that the digital team (where I would guess the app dev is located) is probably a little light right now, 1) because they recently reorganized into a digital only team 2) they are focused on getting out the much fuller LOTR card game on Steam. As that project wraps and they get their feet under them I think we could expect a little more love on the app. Personally , I would expect that they build in at least 1 campaign for each big box (at some point, but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least 2 show up in the second half of the year).

You can see the names of the IA team on the credits of the LotA rulebook. While it's possible that Asmodee Digital (or where some of them worked before) could've been involved in the implementation, the design seems to be from the IA team itself.

On 2/20/2018 at 1:48 PM, a1bert said:

You can see the names of the IA team on the credits of the LotA rulebook. While it's possible that Asmodee Digital (or where some of them worked before) could've been involved in the implementation, the design seems to be from the IA team itself.

Sorry, I meant FFI, not Asmodee Digital, since they are "in-house" FFG products. But yes the original app would have been only run by the IA team I would imagine the goal of FFI was to take over all digital content for the family of FFG products. My guess is all the app development, and therefore future implementation, is going to come from that group (of course working with the original design teams so that they can keep the spirit of game), so while the designers may have time to develop new campaigns and all do all the heavy lifting (from a design standpoint) I would imagine those with all the technical know-how to convert that into the app itself are going to be busy with LOTR right now.

On 20/02/2018 at 2:48 PM, a1bert said:

And the playtesters ;)

Yes more campaigns please! One for every release would be awesome!

I know FFG's policy is to keep mum on new content/releases until they are just about to be released, but....

Anyone hear anything about a new LotA campaign?

Maybe one that uses content from one of the expansions?

Anyone?

Brueller? Brueller?....

Thanks!

Lee

Probably not until well after the X-Wing app releases in September. FFG probably pulled all their digital staff off their other games (so like 4 people?) to focus on X-Wing 2nd edition.

Just my educated guess.

100% We will get news of content at Gencon, What kind of content we can can expect is anyones guess. I can tell you that one campaign is not going to be enough. They need to deliver more and same with Descent.

This has been very disappointing and not a little bit misleading.... they sure mange to update the app so we can log our physical purchases. Why? So we can over and over play the same anemic lackluster single campaign they phoned in on release many months ago?

Very poor form.

2 hours ago, lancemoody said:

This has been very disappointing and not a little bit misleading.... they sure mange to update the app so we can log our physical purchases. Why? So we can over and over play the same anemic lackluster single campaign they phoned in on release many months ago?

Very poor form.

They'll add more...

Road to Legend built up over time, no reason to think this won't.