Custom Hero: Z'yrssa (ToI)

By RhunDraco, in Descent Home Brews

Another custom hero. This one has not yet been playtested. Let me know what you think!

Z'yrssa v1.4

Stats-wise, I think it works. However the ability, especially in RtL/SoB, is rarely going to be useful. I almost never play Power cards unless I can get them on the first level or early on the second. I think a more useful ability along those lines would be to let Z'yrssa draw one feat card each time the OL plays a Spawn card.

Big Remy said:

Stats-wise, I think it works. However the ability, especially in RtL/SoB, is rarely going to be useful. I almost never play Power cards unless I can get them on the first level or early on the second. I think a more useful ability along those lines would be to let Z'yrssa draw one feat card each time the OL plays a Spawn card.

That's an excellent idea. I'll change it and try to get some testing in this week. My nephew is out of school for the week so he can help. :)

Latest.

Z'yrssa v1.5

With the help of a friend, I got in about 5 hours of playtesting Z'yrssa tonight. She (yes, she) seems fairly balanced. I was the OL for the game and it was pretty cool to see Z'yrssa burning through the feat decks fairly quickly; my friend got quite a few great cards that slowed me down at just the right times.

Z'yrssa died several times, but that was because I was targeting her and another hero with traps (Trapmaster!) and beasties after I played the Unholy Swiftness power card. Having more maneuverable monsters is a great thing.