Equipment from mission to mission

By Trudem, in Legends of the Alliance

Would a character keep something like Cybernetic Arm from mission to mission? We got it from a crate in our last mission.

Edited by Trudem
53 minutes ago, Trudem said:

Would a character keep something like Cybernetic Arm from mission to mission? We got it from a crate in our last mission.

The LotA rule book states under Supply Cards and Medpacs, "All unused Supply cards are discarded at the end of the mission."

However, Cybernetic Arm states, "Once assigned to a hero, this item cannot be traded or sold. You must bring this item to each mission."

Therefore, Cybernetic Arm would stay with the assigned hero throughout the rest of the campaign.

Note that Cybernetic Arm is not a supply card. It is an item card and shows up in your group inventory. Follow the card text like said above. Once assigned to a hero, it cannot be traded and must stay with the hero to all missions.

However, you don't need to assign it to a hero if you don't want to.

Awesome! Getting that Arm back out for the next mission.

(Unless you are are actually talking about Grappler Arm, which is a supply card.)

51 minutes ago, a1bert said:

(Unless you are are actually talking about Grappler Arm, which is a supply card.)

It is grappler arm. Cybernetic arm is the one i have.

So, the LotA rule book states, "All UNUSED Supply cards are discarded at the end of the mission." What does "unused" mean? Would this mean that I may keep all supply cards that I HAVE used?

When playing the LotA app, do we still follow the original Rules Reference Guide, which states under Post-Mission Cleanup, "Heroes shuffle ALL of their Supply cards back into the Supply deck"?

Edited by dwaynedauzat

Single-use supply cards are discarded after use. There are only a few multiple-use supply cards. Supply cards that have not been discarded are still discarded at the end of the mission. The normal rules are still in effect unless the LotA rules explicitly override them.

The supply deck is handled in the same way as before, just the crates are handled in a different way - sometimes they give supply cards and sometimes something else.

Edited by a1bert
4 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Single-use supply cards are discarded after use. There are only a few multiple-use supply cards. Supply cards that have not been discarded are still discarded at the end of the mission. The normal rules are still in effect unless the LotA rules explicitly override them.

The supply deck is handled in the same way as before, just the crates are handled in a different way - sometimes they give supply cards and sometimes something else.

I'm just curious as to why FFG felt the need to mention that "unused" supply cards are discarded. If the RRG already states that "all" supply cards are returned to the deck, why bother qualifying it in the LotA rule book?

Sorry, just being picky. :P

Not everyone will read the rules reference guide, so the LotA rulebook needs to cover the most often needed rules.

The app has brought a lot of new players, or players that have had the game on the shelf waiting to be played.