News on Timing?

By Doomsdave, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Any idea when this will ship? I haven't seen any updates or received any emails and I pre-ordered in August.

The latest update from 1/18/2018, states that the book is on the boat.

Hang in there my friend!

If you take out the recent...outliers, most books are On the Boat for 6-7 weeks, and then spend two weeks Shipping Now before they're available in stores/on FFG's site.

So I wouldn't expect it in your hands any sooner than March 22.

Edited by Absol197

Thanks for the replies guys. A feel better knowing I'm not the only one anticipating these.

2 minutes ago, Doomsdave said:

Thanks for the replies guys. A feel better knowing I'm not the only one anticipating these.

Oh, you're not alone! Let's hope at the end of March we will be talking how awesome is Star Wars D6.

7 hours ago, Rithuan said:

Hi, I just noticed that (trying to find if Dawn of Rebellion is available on Amazon), Star Wars 30th Anniversary Edition will be released on 30th March 2018.

Maybe in our hands, a week before as Absol predicts. Let's hope!

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Roleplaying-Game-Anniversary/dp/163344323X/ref=sr_1_86?ie=UTF8&qid=1519846115&sr=8-86&keywords=Fantasy+Flight+Games

Huh, that's the first I've heard of that!

This sounds like a case of what I call the "Amazon Effect:" the publisher (FFG) tells distributors what quarter the book will be available in. Then, to ensure that they don't list it as available before the release date, the distributors (Amazon, in this case) display the last day of that quarter as the release date.

So, when Amazon says it'll be available on March 30, that means FFG told them that it would be released in Q1 2018, so they chose the last business day of the month to display. However, this is significant, because it means that FFG actually told them it would be available, which they hadn't done before.

If that holds true, that means that it should change status to Shipping Now either next week or the week after, and be released either on March 22 or March 29. My guess is March 29, because of the massive push that FFG is putting on Star Wars: Legion. I don't think they'd want to release another product on the same day. But I'd be happy to be wrong :) . While I haven't decided if I'm going to get the anniversary edition yet, just the release of anything RPG-related would be nice :) .

Edited by Absol197

Of the two sellers, Silver Twilight DST and Game Boarders, the first claims a release March 15th, the second the 30th. Soo, maybe even earlier than what Absol predicts?

This is taking entirely too long to come out!

14 - 40 Great Pics And Memes to Level Up Your HP

On 3/18/2018 at 9:38 AM, splad said:

This is taking entirely too long to come out!

Agreed. Is there any way we can get an update on this?

Well, an observation: the above Amazon link now lists April 19, 2018 as the release date for the books.

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s May 24.

12 hours ago, Eric42 said:

Well, an observation: the above Amazon link now lists April 19, 2018 as the release date for the books.

This is a significant date: it is not the end of a quarter, and it is a Thursday. That's important, because all FFG releases, with very few exceptions, are done on Thursdays.

I think that this date may be plausible. If it is, we should know by April 4.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, Absol197 said:

This is a significant date: it is not the end of a quarter, and it is a Thursday. That's important, because all FFG releases, with very few exceptions, are done on Thursdays.

I think that this date may be plausible. If it is, we should know by April 4.

And now, it's unavailable.

Available 4th Quarter 2017! There's still a chance!

On 3/26/2018 at 3:15 PM, GalaxyUC said:

Available 4th Quarter 2017! There's still a chance!

Hate to break it to you, but it is almost Q2 2018. The fiscal year ends 12/31.

On 3/30/2018 at 7:07 PM, t3hyoshi99 said:

Hate to break it to you, but it is almost Q2 2018. The fiscal year ends 12/31.

Indeed. I cancelled by pre-order. I'm done with this BS. This thing might never come out...and I liked Second Edition Better anyway

On 3/21/2018 at 7:29 AM, Nytwyng said:

Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s May 24.

Close; it says the 7th of May now....

Perhaps they meant to call it the 60th anniversary edition. I have seen that FFG and it distributors are canceling orders. I don't think they actually produced anything. I am going to be getting a refund if they don't update us soon. A full year in pre-order status is corrupt.