Single Games

By DerBaer, in Legends of the Alliance

Most of the time I play skirmish only for lots of reasons. But one of my main reasons is, how unreliable my fellow players are, or unwilling to commit themselves to a "regular" campaign night. Some of them are more casual gamers, that really want to play this game, but not on a regular basis.

Therefore, I'd really love to see another game mode with just single missions. Pick a character and don't worry about leveling up, a next game night or whatever. The first mission of LotA does just that, the X-Com board game does that perfectly. I'd love to see that in the App ...

Yes I like this idea as well. Another thought would be that if these are one off missions perhaps we could control one of the iconic allies or villains, such as a one off mission where you are boba fett trying to capture a bounty? This is an idea that would be easy enough for us fans to do ourselves using the existing game components. Hmm...now you got me thinking...

In addition, this is how Zombicide works. The game comes with a bunch of scenarios to play through that are unrelated to each other. Instead of upgrading at the end of a mission, you upgrade as the scenario progresses. We could totally borrow that idea from Zombicide, but it may not even be necessary. Instead I am thinking that throughout a mission there will be supply crates that would give a specific upgrade, maybe armor or a new weapon?

They've also got something like that in the Descent app with "the Delve", so there's a not insignificant chance that we could get something of the sort for IA.

Basically it's a short series of mini-missions, including some boss fights, that's designed such that you can play the whole thing in one two-hour sitting. You still get the feeling of progressing your characters (you get new items and abilities between rounds) but you don't have to commit to a whole campaign.

You really could play any side mission you want from wherever you are in the campaign. Have a rebel trooper pack and never going to bring their side mission? Put it on the table and let someone control multiple heroes for a night. Just don’t give rewards/XP, etc, and it won’t affect balance when you advance the campaign.

*Edit: I was just thinking normal campaign. App driven single missions would be really cool

Edited by Fightwookies
On 2/13/2018 at 2:49 PM, ManateeX said:

They've also got something like that in the Descent app with "the Delve", so there's a not insignificant chance that we could get something of the sort for IA.

Basically it's a short series of mini-missions, including some boss fights, that's designed such that you can play the whole thing in one two-hour sitting. You still get the feeling of progressing your characters (you get new items and abilities between rounds) but you don't have to commit to a whole campaign.

This is probably the most likely thing to happen. I would love to see skirmish based challenges. You would build your team and deck as normal and the AI would have X number of points to generate a team and be able to redeploy troops. If you had multiple people they could each control a character and your deck would be shared by everyone.

I don't know if they would build that, but you could pretty easily. You could take the order commands for each unit, (modified a little to have an objective line) and then just randomize the order they activate and what command card you pull (using a simple RNG) you could effectively build your own AI with pretty minimal effort.