Expansion combat card question

By Mumrik, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Would anyone explain me what I get out of this ability on "Armored position" and "Planetary Shield":

"Until the end of the combat, during ground battles, you resolve your attacks after the Rebel/imperial player"

What am I missing ? - The defensive player is resolving after the attacker anyways ?

- The attacker roles first, cannot heal damage the first turn.
- The defender roles second, can heal damage.

Then what is the point of this second ability ?

That ability is to be used when you are the attacker. You use that card and make the opponent make the attacks first for that whole combat, making you able to heal your units during the firts combat round for example, thing that you cannot do as the attacker otherwise

Of course ! - Now it makes sense. I was mistaking it, I thought somehow it had to be played with the unit, because I was so distraught by my concern.

Thanks !

On 2/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, Lemmiwinks86 said:

That ability is to be used when you are the attacker. You use that card and make the opponent make the attacks first for that whole combat, making you able to heal your units during the firts combat round for example, thing that you cannot do as the attacker otherwise

Wait a second. The attacker can no longer heal their units? Not even preemptively?

1 minute ago, Raahk said:

Wait a second. The attacker can no longer heal their units? Not even preemptively?

The attacker cannot heal his units during the first combat round, you cannot save special icons for future damage, they heal damage that the unit already has

So as the attacker, it is basically impossible to save fighters with only one health ? ?

4 hours ago, Raahk said:

So as the attacker, it is basically impossible to save fighters with only one health ? ?

Correct.

8 hours ago, Raahk said:

Unless you play a tactic card that prevents that damage

If a tactic card that deals damage is played you can remove this with a tactic icon as the attacker.

But yes, you're a bit more vulnerable as the attacker just because you roll your dice first! Also note, if both players play their 'Armored posistion' and 'Planetary Shield' tactic cards at the same time they will cancel themselves out (defender rolls last).