Terrain rules

By Susanooo, in Runewars Rules Questions

Quick question about terrain and charges. What if im charging and i hit the terrain (the one that i can enter) on the way to enemy unit? Does my unit need to enter it? We had a situation when my opponent was turn charging and he barely touched that terrain.

If you collide with terrain, your movement ends. You can choose to enter the terrain if it has sufficient capacity and is unoccupied.

If it is occupied and you selected charge as your modifier, you get to attack the unit(s) inside the terrain. If you chose charge and the terrain was unoccupied, even if it was a slight brush-up against it, you still stop your movement and gain a panic token for charging nothing.

The one exception to this is if all that "brushes up against" the terrain is the jutting-out puzzle-piece connector. If that happens, you can adjust just a bit.

Part of Rule 55.3:

If the only part of a unit that would overlap an obstacle is a connector on one of the unit’s side edges, the unit can be slightly nudged directly away from the obstacle such that the connector no longer overlaps the obstacle.

Edited by Xelto

Tangential, but relevant: if you charge and enter unoccupied terrain, you may attack an enemy unit touching that terrain.

Edited by Budgernaut
On 2/10/2018 at 8:33 PM, Budgernaut said:

Tangential, but relevant: if you charge and enter unoccupied terrain, you may attack an enemy unit touching that terrain.

Yes exactly and an important detail! Shift out to get away? ...not so fast!