Setting Generator and Catalog

By rikrokola, in Genesys

Howdy,

I decided to share my generator I made for my players in a game I'm running. Now, it is not as nearly as pretty as SkyJedi's , good lord bro. Talk about good work . With this generator, you export any customization items such as race, talent or item as a json to import it to the main player character generator.

I know I needed some help building things when I was making my own setting, so I figure I would share:

http://afterseven.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/#/gen/pc

Oh, there are catalogs. You can browse talents, races and items and filter down to specific criteria:

Items:

image.png.7cb71225ee1ebdd522115bef2a3ed41a.png

Thanks

Edited by rikrokola
better title.

I did see a couple of mistakes, Great Sword Encumbrance is 33? and when clicking on backpack doesn't that upgrade your encumbrance threshold? the Star Wars back pack did? Great program by the way...

dude, looks great!

On 2/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, gilbur said:

I did see a couple of mistakes, Great Sword Encumbrance is 33? and when clicking on backpack doesn't that upgrade your encumbrance threshold? the Star Wars back pack did? Great program by the way...

Thank you very much for this, I knew I was forgetting to implement the backpack! Both are fixed now @gilbur

On 2/10/2018 at 1:17 PM, SkyJedi said:

dude, looks great!

Appreciate it, I'm still marveling at your generator. :)

Edited by rikrokola

Just a follow up on where the project is on this, I'm in the works of developing ability to create settings to share them and make characters for that particular setting.

Here's what is on the docket to be available:

1. Actually have a domain name, lol.
  2. Have a user account, but can use a google, facebook or amazon account instead of signing up for yet another service. Did this so you can share and save your data about your setting.
  3. Creation of races, with the abilities
    1. Copy from the core rule book and adjust them on the fly. [New Feature]
    2. Dictate if a race gives skill freebees, career freebees or choices from skills.
  4. Creation of items
    1. Recommend pricing.
    2. Specify if weapons are 2 handed or not.
    3. Item Attachment.
    4. Item Qualities.
      1. import from creating your own [new]
    5. Lets you customize if the item modifies a trait, such as encumbrance or strain or even a skill at the cost of nothing or another trait. [New Feature]
      1. This means you can create your own cybernetics gear or things that are like the Core Rulebook's steampunk Amplimotive Armor
  5. Creation of skills for your setting, lets you remove Core Rulebook skills or add to it.
  6. Creation of talents
    1. Allowing to have specific set of skills turn into a career skill. [New Feature]
    2. Allowing to have specific traits being immediately modified upon taking the talent. [New Feature]
    3. Allowing to have specific traits being modified upon meeting a condition, such as wearing armor or using a 2 handed weapon. [New Feature]
  7. Character creation while importing your own setting or a Core Rulebook setting.
  8. Everything will be exportable as a JSON so you can import it to who ever else's super sweet generator or Roll20's API.
  9. Be able to create NPCs based with the talents and items you've created or are available for your setting / genre.

My questions to the community are the following

1. Am I missing something you'd like to see?
  2. Would you use it? I'm pretty sure this would cost me per month, but I'm a-okay with that as I'm doing this to learn more about development and volunteer to help other creative people get their works out the door.
Edited by rikrokola
On 2/21/2018 at 10:31 AM, rikrokola said:

Just a follow up on where the project is on this, I'm in the works of developing ability to create settings to share them and make characters for that particular setting.

Here's what is on the docket to be available:

1. Actually have a domain name, lol.
  2. Have a user account, but can use a google, facebook or amazon account instead of signing up for yet another service. Did this so you can share and save your data about your setting.
  3. Creation of races, with the abilities
    1. Copy from the core rule book and adjust them on the fly. [New Feature]
    2. Dictate if a race gives skill freebees, career freebees or choices from skills.
  4. Creation of items
    1. Recommend pricing.
    2. Specify if weapons are 2 handed or not.
    3. Item Attachment.
    4. Item Qualities.
      1. import from creating your own [new]
    5. Lets you customize if the item modifies a trait, such as encumbrance or strain or even a skill at the cost of nothing or another trait. [New Feature]
      1. This means you can create your own cybernetics gear or things that are like the Core Rulebook's steampunk Amplimotive Armor
  5. Creation of skills for your setting, lets you remove Core Rulebook skills or add to it.
  6. Creation of talents
    1. Allowing to have specific set of skills turn into a career skill. [New Feature]
    2. Allowing to have specific traits being immediately modified upon taking the talent. [New Feature]
    3. Allowing to have specific traits being modified upon meeting a condition, such as wearing armor or using a 2 handed weapon. [New Feature]
  7. Character creation while importing your own setting or a Core Rulebook setting.
  8. Everything will be exportable as a JSON so you can import it to who ever else's super sweet generator or Roll20's API.
  9. Be able to create NPCs based with the talents and items you've created or are available for your setting / genre.

My questions to the community are the following

1. Am I missing something you'd like to see?
  2. Would you use it? I'm pretty sure this would cost me per month, but I'm a-okay with that as I'm doing this to learn more about development and volunteer to help other creative people get their works out the door.

Json export! Gasp. Going to look at that

On 2/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, SkyJedi said:

Json export! Gasp. Going to look at that

I'll be honest, don't know how to get an export to your CS. Can you PM me a model schema? I'd love to make integration easier!

Is this still active?
The link says the amazon bucket no longer exists

It is no longer active, I was viewing the logs and it didn't look like this was used. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!