Imperial Space Station

By Darth Meanie, in X-Wing Epic Play

So, trying to figure this.

A. Deploys anywhere on the Imperial half of the board.

B. No movement dial.

C. Set Up is 4 huge bases, arranged into a square over the peg holes. So, essentially 4 huge ships in a circle.

D. Each quadrant is an "independent ship" Each gets an action, and upgrade cards with the exception of the Station's Modification and Title cards are not shared between quadrants. When a quadrant is gone, it loses all upgrades, Energy, etc. It's functionally not there.

So:

H4C7ZL4.jpg

LZCf2FC.jpg mUZQtPz.jpg

I’m currently working on my Imperial Department of Military Research asteroid base:

https://imgur.com/a/h7taY

I call it the PAW Installation - Prototype Assessment Way Station. It’ll be a TIE prototype testing facility.

Neat stuff. I’ve got this coming in the mail. I’ll have to work up some X-Wing specs for it.

rMoZrdN.jpg

That looks closer to a rebel Space Station

rebel_space_station_lvl_2_by_dctr4.jpg

Here is an Imperial one.

Imperial_Station_Lvl1.jpg

8 hours ago, Bullox said:

Neat stuff. I’ve got this coming in the mail. I’ll have to work up some X-Wing specs for it.

rMoZrdN.jpg

I had an old Revell model of DS9 for years. . .and then I think I tossed it when I moved. About 1 year before XWM existed :( .

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Here is an Imperial one.

I was trying to find something official, but like most Imperial hardware nothing really fits XWM scale.

So, it just found a pic I liked on the internet and gave it a generic name.

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

I had an old Revell model of DS9 for years. . .and then I think I tossed it when I moved. About 1 year before XWM existed :( .

I was trying to find something official, but like most Imperial hardware nothing really fits XWM scale.

So, it just found a pic I liked on the internet and gave it a generic name.

I have many regrets when it comes to my old toys. When I was a kid I was extremely destructive with my toys. While the firecrackers and cherry bombs made spectacular explosions and many cool memories, there are several things I really wish I still had. :(

That’s what I plan to do. I’ll probably try to make up specs for a generic station then maybe titles for Rebel, Imperial and S&V pirate bases. Just kinda thinking out loud, not really sure.

how about?

centauribase.jpg

it's from Babylon 5 (the Centauri defense station over Ragesh 3) but it has a roughly imperial vibe, and no obvious items to indicate scale.

That reminds me of the Imp research facility from XW Alliance.

Image result for xwing alliance imperial research

On 2/9/2018 at 9:59 PM, weisguy119 said:

I’m currently working on my Imperial Department of Military Research asteroid base:

https://imgur.com/a/h7taY

I call it the PAW Installation - Prototype Assessment Way Station. It’ll be a TIE prototype testing facility.

That’s pretty cool!

So here is my WIP space station. The nice thing about the DS9 model is all I had to do was tap some holes into the top of the pylons and voila! two space stations for the price of one!

Top side painted up as an Imperial base and flip side painted up as a Rebel base.

GpmIG2T.jpg

I jotted down some preliminary thoughts for specs and titles. Since this will only be used in highly customized scenarios, each station variant will have predetermined specifications with just a few upgrade slots for modest flavor enhancements.

X-Wing. Space Station.

There are four sections; 3 outer ring sectors centered on each pylon and the core sector. Like a Huge ship, each sector has its own stats.
Civilian Space Station:
This is the default station without a title.
May only equip non faction specific upgrades. No faction restriction for docking ships.
[Upgrade bar and Action bar to be determined]
Core Sector
E,A,D,H,S = 6,0,0,8,8
Pylon Sectors
E,A,D,H,S = 2,0,0,6,6
-During allocate energy step, the Core Sector can spend energy on Pylon Sectors.
-Perimeter Defense Batteries - Area of Effect = Range 1-2 from any and all points of the station’s base. Attack value 3.
Spend 1 or more Energy to perform this attack. For each Energy you spend, you may attack one enemy ship. Each time this attack hits, the defender suffers one [hit] then cancel all dice results. You cannot attack the same ship more than once. This attack roll may not be modified.
-Pylon turrets. Range = 2-4, attack value (varies). 90 degree firing arc. Turrets have 3 facings (forward, left 45 degrees, right 45 degrees) and may be rotated (details to be determined).
-Core Sector may be attacked only after a Pylon Sector is crippled. Core Sector may only be attacked if the enemy ship’s attack is not obstructed by a non-crippled portion of the station.
Title - Imperial Base:
May equip non-faction and Imperial upgrades. Only Imperial ships may dock with the Imperial Base.
Core Sector
E,A,D,H,S = 8,0,0,8,8
Pylon Sectors
E,A,D,H,S = 6,5,0,8,8
Perimeter Defense Batteries - Range 1-2, Att4
Higher turret maneuverability (e.g when performing rotate turret action, may rotate all 3 pylon turrets)
Title - Rebel Base:
May equip non-faction and Rebel upgrades. Only Rebel ships may dock with the Rebel Base.
Core Sector
E,A,D,H,S = 8,0,0,8,8
Pylon Sectors
E,A,D,H,S = 6,4,0,8,8
Perimeter Defense Batteries - Range 1-2, Att3
High defense value (e.g. when defending, if the attack hits, may cancel one hit result or change one crit result to a hit result)
Title - Smuggler’s Base:
May equip non-faction and S&V upgrades. No faction restriction for docking ships.
Core Sector
E,A,D,H,S = 8,0,0,8,8
Pylon Sectors
E,A,D,H,S = 4,2,0,6,6
Perimeter Defense Batteries - Range 1-2, Att3
Once per game per ship, a docked ship may exchange one upgrade card for another valid upgrade card of equal or lesser squad point value.

For a space station, what about the Imperial construction modules ? They have a hangar and appear to be a reasonable size.

latest?cb=20160225101942

Edited by AwesomeJedi
Added image

Why not use the wonderful stuff provided with HotAC as terrain ? (With your stat cards).

Edited by GilmoreDK
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:35 PM, AwesomeJedi said:

For a space station, what about the Imperial construction modules ? They have a hangar and appear to be a reasonable size.

latest?cb=20160225101942

PERFECT!!

5493xqP.jpg RgtnKvt.jpg 1xtu385.jpg

On 3/27/2018 at 7:32 AM, GilmoreDK said:

Why not use the wonderful stuff provided with HotAC as terrain ? (With your stat cards).

I will. I do. The physical model is just a pleasing prop that I may or may not ever actually use in an adventure :wub:

Actually, for the HotAC terrain, there is a gentleman on the HotAC FaceBook group who is designing cardboard game tiles for all of the HotAC terrain pieces. The tiles appear to be very similar to the FFG cardboard (e.g. asteroids etc) in thickness and durability. Other than taking a few liberties with the color scheme, they are identical in size and shape to the ones in the manual. I'll be picking up some of those when they are ready.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:11 AM, Marinealver said:

Here is an Imperial one.

the above pick was deep space 9

edit: the poster i was quoting didnt recognize deep space 9. no clue why it posted these pictures

Edited by Vontoothskie

I don't have a fancy model but I have started using the terrain from Heroes of the Aturi Cluster. I will post the rules in another post ( space station rules ) as they are fairly long.

space station 1.jpg

Edited by BenDay
link