eJawa's in LotA

By Whitebubble, in Legends of the Alliance

Hi all,

I'm about to buy one or two Jawa packs. I can see that the eJawa is interesting for a standard campaign when you have some droids on the board (due to their Motivator ability).

Out of curiosity: Any idea how this is reflected in the app? Do droids gain +1 Acc and +1 Speed as long as there is an eJawa in play? I know that droids sometimes get bonuses like +1 surge or +1 Acc. But has anybody recognized an additional bonus due to eJawas?

7 hours ago, Whitebubble said:

Hi all,

I'm about to buy one or two Jawa packs. I can see that the eJawa is interesting for a standard campaign when you have some droids on the board (due to their Motivator ability).

Out of curiosity: Any idea how this is reflected in the app? Do droids gain +1 Acc and +1 Speed as long as there is an eJawa in play? I know that droids sometimes get bonuses like +1 surge or +1 Acc. But has anybody recognized an additional bonus due to eJawas?

My understanding is the elite Jawa still boosts the droids in LotA. The app just instructs to ignore the Haggle and Take Cover abilities

11 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

My understanding is the elite Jawa still boosts the droids in LotA. The app just instructs to ignore the Haggle and Take Cover abilities

Sounds right. Motivators is a mandatory ability, so it affects all (friendly) droid s automatically.

Edited by a1bert

Okay... Point taken. So the ability remains. I'm just not sure how to apply it. When a droid attacks it moves as close as possible. Rolling a blue dice and having a almost normal acc plus (targeting computer) I never came across the situation where I would need the additional acc from the eJawa (different in a human imp campaign).

Next how do you apply the +1 movement point? +1 to every move instruction? Or just one per activation?

And a human imp would use the ability to its advantage whereas the app doesn't factor this in (I guess)...

It's not +1 movement point. It's explicitly +1 Speed. It means whatever ability (such as performing a move ) uses the value of Speed, it is one higher than the printed value.

In the app you can house-rule to take the +1 Speed into account for all Move to X instructions. (It's a little better than "should" in that case, but not much.) Has anyone checked if the app does it automatically?

In the app the accuracy can be taken into account by not moving as close as possible, but only to the guaranteed accuracy range (unless the figure has abilities that benefit from adjacency etc.).

Edited by a1bert
On 10.2.2018 at 11:14 AM, a1bert said:

In the app the accuracy can be taken into account by not moving as close as possible, but only to the guaranteed accuracy range

oh oh ... I think ... I'd better not say :D