Descent side missions and IA encounters??

By alexbobspoons, in Legends of the Alliance

Anyone played app for both?

Are IA encounters like Descent side missions?

Initially I hoped yes, but then the blurb suggested the encounters were more a bit of choose your own adventure type of narrative and not a mission, but I've read some stuff that suggests there's a kind of side mission attached, so now in not so sure.

I'm not that far through the app yet so don't know if to look forward to this aspect or be disappointed.

So does anyone please know how they compare who has played both apps?

Thank you

The Flight of the Freedom Fighter consists of 5 missions. You also get encounters which are mostly flavor text, some story elements, hints to some of the story points useful in later missions, and some choices and attribute tests which may give you credits, reward cards, or allies.

There are no side missions (as they are known in the 1 vs X campaigns).

3 hours ago, a1bert said:

The Flight of the Freedom Fighter consists of 5 missions. You also get encounters which are mostly flavor text, some story elements, hints to some of the story points useful in later missions, and some choices and attribute tests which may give you credits, reward cards, or allies.

Thanks, big shame as that's where a lot of variation comes in with descent for using expansion maps and features with some randomness.

Legends of the Alliance has only just started, I think the Descent App started with a short campaign too then the side missions were added in later, so the app may get them in time.

On 7.02.2018 at 11:46 PM, a1bert said:

I am not sure (still playing through) but it seems to me, that exactly now I have a choice between campaign mission and a side-mission

On 09/02/2018 at 7:45 AM, Jarema said:

I am not sure (still playing through) but it seems to me, that exactly now I have a choice between campaign mission and a side-mission

Sounds great, how many missions in are you? Thanks

Well, it seems I was mistaken. I dont want to spoil it, but it was not exactly like that

I’m hoping that we get encounters like the Descent road encounters (the fluff on the missions). My gf and I recently played through the Descent Shadows of Nerkenhall campaign. One of the highlights was encountering a wounded Goblin on the road.

The options were finish him off, make him comfortable or try and heal him. Being soft, we choose the latter.

Later on, during a subsequent mission, times were desperate. Suddenly on a critical turn, the fluff text had a bunch of goblins turn up to repay the favour. They fired some arrows and managed to finish off one of our foes. Both my gf and I cheered when we read it and we managed to finish the mission in one piece [\spoiler]

Edited by Suhawk75