Stockpile in app

By MFL, in Legends of the Alliance

I'm running Ko-Tun in my current LotA campaign. Her Stockpile ability has been previously discussed and is considered to be lacking a line stating the 5 supply cards are drawn "instead of the normal 1". I've played Stockpile that way in the regular campaign and makes the most sense.

swi46_hero_ko-tun.jpg.b7a0e5dbfb8920adbfb19a573c74799c.jpg

Now in the app when a hero interacts with a crate they are rewarded with a med pack or draw 1 supply card or draw 2 supply cards (possibly more options but this is what I've encountered). If Ko-Tun is within 3 spaces and the app awards a med pack then Stockpile will not take affect as there isn't a supply card being drawn. The "instead of the normal 1" can't be applied in this case. If the app awards 1 supply card then I've been using Stockpile (if Ko-Tun in range) to draw 5 rather than 1 and keeping one. It's when the app awards 2 supply cards that I've been uncertain. Would the hero draw 5 cards "instead of the normal 2 " and keep 2 in this case or draw 5 cards twice and keep one from each set? I think the former makes the most sense but not sure.

Here's where it gets confusing...

The app also awarded me the Rebel Recon reward card.

5a79d340580fa_RebelRecon_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg.2406a4d6b2aa9f6f67fef8676121619a.jpg

So, when Stockpile is an option, would a hero draw 5 and then 1 more card for Rebel Recon (for a total of 6) or draw an extra 1 for each of the 5 drawn from stockpile (for a total of 10)? If the former would the unchosen cards be shuffled back into the deck as stated in Stockpile or "...places the other (s) on the bottom of the Supply deck." as stated on Rebel Recon? If the latter scenario, draw 1 and then 1 more (from Rebel Recon), put the undesirable card on the bottom, repeat 4 times, then from hand of 5 cards choose 1 (non-valuable) to keep, and shuffle the rest into the deck? Of course, more complicated if the app is awarding 2 supply cards.

And on top of that...

The app also awarded me R5 but that won't impact Stockpile or Rebel Recon just adds to the fun. :-)

Supply cards are drawn one at a time, so you may choose to use Stockpile on the first, the second, or both draws.

As I see it, Rebel Recon doesn't combine with Stockpile. (There is no existing ruling, this is just my opinion.) If you choose to use Stockpile, you draw 5 and choose 1 non-valuable. If you don't use Stockpile, Rebel Recon tells to draw 2 cards and choose 1 to keep (and resolve in the case of some of the supply cards that allow immediate effects). You would do this twice if the app tells to draw 2 supply cards.

we have been doing the rebel recon action twice for when it says draw two supply cards.

as for Ko tun's ability. it says draw five cards when you interact with a crate. in the app we have been doing that, not specifically when it says draw a supply card.

we did combine stockpile and rebel recon to draw six cards. and pick one

True, the wording of Stockpile is not really compatible with the app (produces different results than in the 1vs campaign), so house rules are needed anyway.

Edited by a1bert