Decks are discontinued?

By Nihm, in Star Wars Roleplaying Specialization and Adversary Decks

My local game store was told by Asmodee they are no longer available. I had 7 on back order and can no longer get any :(

Is this info correct??

They're still showing available to order on the web site.

I know from my comic store manager that, several months ago, Asmodee changed distributors and that change resulted in such an increase to the minimum order that he - who has a very small customer base for FFG/Asmodee products (including ordering me each new SWRPG book) - advised me to get the books wherever I can, because his store's demand for their product isn't enough to meet that minimum often enough to get me the books in a timely manner.

With the decks being print-on-demand, perhaps they've similarly limited (or eliminated) the decks' availability to retailers.

I had mine on pre-order for over 12 months ^_^
The deal is that shipping costs for those on demand products are on the distributor and the eu distributors only ordered them if they had enough pre-orders to justify to cost. Basically because this is inhouse printing FFG is not able to use their normal distribution channels to get them to the stores. And FFGs shipping outside of the united states is outrageously expensive. Which is the main reason why people do not want to order directly from FFG either. Paying $35 for a deck of cards is ... not reasonable when self printing yields better results and basically a magnitude cheaper.

Edited by SEApocalypse

This is an infuriating issue for anyone in Europe, in the uk it's magnified by the fact that the distributer esdevium are about as effective as a chocolate teapot. The only one I've managed to get hold of is the hunters and force users which is fantastic but I really want the others.

I managed to get 4 of them shipped to the Uk from the states for about £25 including shipping, I found them on eBay.

All 8 Adversary & Crit decks are currently in stock at all four US warehouses for the one distributor Asmodee sells too.

It's the _Specialization_ decks that harder to get. It looks as if those are only available from one of the four US warehouses, but all a store would have to do is tell their rep to fill the order from that location so they get the decks.

Edited by pnewman15
data security