Rules Clarification

By player727146, in Reference Materials

Hi ,I'm playing usually solo and working through Dunwich Legacy. Now both times I've played co-op the other player sees the rules differently. So which is right .I play that cards in play can either be used as the text OR the symbols at the top. So you can use the card like a skill and use the symbols then discard OR play out the text not both. The not so significant other thinks you're meant to use the card as either/or. So guys whos right? thanks for the help..

This belongs to the AH LCG board (this board is for the AH: The boardgame game)

Skill cards are never played from hand, they are committed during skill test. When committed, you may choose to trigger their ability. And cards are committed always for their icons. So, when you commit a skill card, you gain both the icons and the special effect

Hi I think that I didn't put that very clearly. My co player wanted to use cards in hand for their icons and text. I thought that if you used a card held in hand for its icon benefit it was then discarded. She wanted to use the cards for the text benefit AND icon benefit as needed with no discards . Hope that I've explained properly. Thanks for reply.

The correct sequence is:

a) you attempt a test
b) you commit a card (or several) from your hand to the test. If the committed card is a skill, you gain the icons AND you may choose to resolve its ability
c) you draw the chaos token and resolve the test
d) you discard all cards committed to the test (unless stated otherwise on the card)

Nothing that is in your hand in this game can affect gameplay: you need either to play the card, OR you need to commit it to a skill test

Hope this is clearer now :)