Newb here, seeking buy guides.

By Nohwear, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Hello, all. Some people have started playing at my localist FLGS. I have decided to join them. Is there some sort of buy guide to help me decide what to get when I decided to expand beyond the new Core Set? If anyone feels like throwing out any other advice, that would be appreciated also.

Buying guides are probably out of date. Here’s a rough order:

1. Core Set

2. Kitara Cycle packs (and keep

current with ongoing releases)

3. Terminal Directive

4. Deluxes as you see fit (whatever factions you favor)

5. Red Sand Cycle (as needed based on cards desired)

6. anything from Mumbad/Flashpoint cycles (as needed based on cards desired)

7. anything from Lunar/SanSan cycles. (Buy these packs only for must-haves).

Once you get to #4 you should be in a position to make selective judgments about what to buy based on what cards you know of that you want to own—you’ll probably find it will happen organically, without much effort.

Now that I think about it, the notion of a “buying guide” is kind of an artifact of the time before rotation. Since all data packs now have a limited life cycle, your best bang for your buck is based much more on how old the pack is rather than what’s in it, all things being equal.

Most buying guides online will suggest you buy from the Genesis and Spin cycle. Clearly, those need to be updated. There's a good current one on boardgamegeek but will need an account to even view it.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:28 PM, Hordeoverseer said:

Most buying guides online will suggest you buy from the Genesis and Spin cycle. Clearly, those need to be updated. There's a good current one on boardgamegeek but will need an account to even view it.

I think you are referring to the Buying Guide from 'Shipment from Chilo', right?

It (currently) recommends the following products as 'First Purchases':

• Terminal Directive Campaign Expansion
• Escalation (from 'Flashpoint', the 6th Cycle)
• Old Hollywood (from 'SanSan', the 4th Cycle) or 23 Seconds (from 'Flashpoint', the 6th Cycle)
• Earth’s Scion (from 'Red Sands', the 7th Cycle) or The Valley (from 'SanSan', the 4th Cycle)

(in addition to a [Revised] Core Set)