[GUIDE] Building Competitive Decks on the Cheap!

By CryOfFrustration, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I wrote an article on how to build yourself a tournament-level deck for the 2018 Store Championships season with as few purchases as possible: https://cryoffrustration.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/netrunner-competitive-decks-on-the-cheap/ It includes links to decklists on NRDB and lists of packs needed to make them.

It's addressed to beginners who want to move into tournament play but aren't sure if they can build anything good with the packs they own, or people who left the game and sold their collections years ago and want to come back.

Decks should be viable all the way to Regionals season unless some new meta-warping card is released during Kitara, or a new MWL makes them illegal.

Let me know if you make the top cut at a tournament using one of these so I can send you an e-high five! :)

Just updating this to say I've checked the article against MWL 2.1 and the suggested decklists are still absolutely legal. Minor edits were made to remove the suggestion of Whampoa as an optional addition to the corp deck, and to suggest swapping Employee Strike for Rumor Mill for one of the runner lists as an option.

Thanks for posting this. I’m on my way to check this out. Have you created any decks which are centered around beginnners with the idea of balanced decks and small card pools? I recently got the Core 2.0 and love it. I am ready to move past the suggested starting decks, and have no clue where to start with deck building. I would like to find some Core 2.0 decklists for the different corps/runners that are relatively balanced. I’d like to get a feel for the different factions before expanding with a big box.

On 10/03/2018 at 6:50 PM, Gym Kirk said:

Have you created any decks which are centered around beginnners with the idea of balanced decks and small card pools?

Well, yes and no! :) The decks in that article are pretty beginner-friendly, in that they're nowhere near as complicated to play as the deck that won Worlds (see here and here ). And yes, they're built with very few packs, so cheap to put together if you have a limited card pool. But they're not really intended as beginner decks for people to learn on, they're intended for people who want to go to a store championship and want to spend as little as possible building a good competitive deck.

If you don't care about being competitive, and just want to expand your card pool and get a feel for each faction, I think your best route would be to start buying packs in the Kitara cycle (Sovereign Sight onwards). They're the first packs to come out after the revised core set and they're intended to "fill in the gaps" that the cards that were cut out from Core left. They really complement the core-only card pool very well!

Now just own the collection. No need to be cheap, you either have Android Netrunner, or you don't.

But As for Terminal directive I have been sleeving all of those cards and putting the stickers over the sleeves to be able to play the game again.