Runewars Players Global Map

By Urvogel, in Runewars Miniatures Game

To make it easier for people to find local players and groups, I've made an editable map! S imply tag yourself on the map and include your contact details, so anyone trying to find a local RW player can get in touch. If you know of other RW players that aren't on the forums please share the link with them: hopefully we can get more and more people playing each other!
Edited by Urvogel
1 hour ago, Urvogel said:
To make it easier for people in the UK to find local players and groups, I've made an editable map! If you happen to be a Brit, s imply tag yourself on the map and include your contact details, so anyone trying to find a local RW player can get in touch. If you know of other RW players that aren't on the forums please share the link with them: hopefully we can get more and more people playing each other!
This might also be an idea for people to make a map for their own countries.

This is an amazing idea. Well done!

2 hours ago, Urvogel said:
This might also be an idea for people to make a map for their own countries.

If you don't mind, I think it would work best if we just use this one. I added my information in.

If you really want to keep this UK only, remove my pin; it's in the Ohio/USA.

It's actually nice to keep a single map, it's going to be awesome when lots of pins are created all over the world

I think this is great and encourage everyone to use it, there is no reason why it needs to be UK based only. Will give a nice visual representation of our community as a whole!

If you wanted to, you could also add another layer to the map for people to pin their FLGS or gaming clubs and what not.

Edited by Zaaik

I've gone ahead and added myself in Germany.

Would it be okay with you, if I share this on the Facebook groups and the German game forum?

Edited by Uthoroc

I add me in Spain :P

TinyURL makes my browser explode in don’t touch this with a 10’ barge pole warnings.

:blink:

Hi. Great Idea

I added one of our Local Clubs in Malta. If any one is come over here for a vacation, make sure to bring your miniature with you ;)

You're right, it would have made way more sense to make this a global map! Give me a bit and I'll get the map updated.

9 hours ago, Uthoroc said:

Would it be okay with you, if I share this on the Facebook groups and the German game forum?

Of course!

6 hours ago, Major Tom said:

TinyURL makes my browser explode in don’t touch this with a 10’ barge pole warnings.

:blink:

Here's the long link, grandpa:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12p_PMEMH1PZNz7ujcREVfkLASjqwUS2l&usp=sharing

Thanks, now get off my lawn!

:)

On 1/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, Xelto said:

If you don't mind, I think it would work best if we just use this one. I added my information in.

If you really want to keep this UK only, remove my pin; it's in the Ohio/USA.

Oh, neat. Jamestown -- in case you hadn't caught it, Epic Loot is holding their Store Championship in Centerville on Feb 10.

8 hours ago, kaffis said:

Oh, neat. Jamestown -- in case you hadn't caught it, Epic Loot is holding their Store Championship in Centerville on Feb 10.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can make it. FWIW, it's not showing on your calendar yet, so I couldn't catch what time it is.

Edited by Xelto

Added our tiny community and also sent the link to our friends in the Czech Republic to add theirs.

Whoever came up with the idea to turn this into a global map - kudos. This is fantastic.

Edited by Polda

very cool - added myself

first post for Toronto .... :( hah

Point 14 in British Columbia, are you real??

On 1/25/2018 at 6:17 PM, Bhelliom said:

Point 14 in British Columbia, are you real??

He's as real as point 11 in Portland!

One of the reasons I've said, a few times, to make sure you put your contact information down when you place the pin. Specifically, email address or phone number is ideal. If not that, then at least name and mailing address. Make sure some way for potential opponents to get ahold of you

Edited by Xelto

To Point 64:

Hey, it's wonderful to find more players in relatively close (under an hour) from me.. except that you forgot to leave contact information, so I've had trouble finding you. I tried taking shots in the dark, but [email protected] doesn't seem to get to you. Neither does [email protected]. Not even [email protected].

So: mind updating your information?

-------------

And on a more serious note, in a couple days, unless anyone complains, I'm going to start removing points without either names or contact information, and untitled layers without anything on them. If you put down a name but no way to contact you, I'll leave it in, but encourage you to edit it so that people can find you.

Posted mine.

Added myself, should try to get this thread stickied.

11 hours ago, Jukey said:

Added myself, should try to get this thread stickied.

easy to do, you just report it and ask.

You're right @Darthain , that was easy. That took less than a day!

As the only player pinned in Scotland, I declare myself unrivalled king of Runewars (Scotland).

The fact that I’ve only bought into Runewars in the last month and have played one actual game (vs my son) is neither here nor there...

Does no one dare to challenge me?

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!