The Far Harbor Scenario

By Almeric, in Fallout

Yikes, this one was a mess. First, I felt SUPER guilty having the ghoul in this scenario. He can be a little fragile at times, but 1 point of armor is probably all you need to ensure that you'll never get one-shotted by a Deathclaw, and there's free healing all over the freakin' place!

That's not my quarrel with the scenario, though. Two things were really bothering me by the end:

1) For just one of four scenarios included with the core game, they really should have included more Shield tokens. In a two-player game, I was just one, poor Ghoul trying to make his way in the world and enjoy the radioactive fog. My fiancee was trying to help Far Harbor (in the end, Far Harbor barely won and both of us players lost. Grr). She could have spent more time erecting Fog Condensers so the Shield pile would replenish, but it never really affected her that much so she ignored it and just kept questing. I wound up using the blue 5-Caps to represent extra Shields. Lame!

2) The quests that are invoked by the placement of a new Star or Shield are badly defined. We played with an assumption that where it says, "A Shield is placed," the text really meant, "A Shield is placed by an active player doing things, and not by the Agenda deck during the NPCs' turn." Clarification is needed, but I'm also curious how others have handled this.

I agree, this scenario is a bit misleading when it comes to the rules. The rules of the main quest and the way to resolve it are very unclear. The four of us spent time to read and read and read the cards yesterday, couldnt find a logical way to handle the action/rewards when a new Star of Shield is placed on the board. Couldnt decide if we should get the reward when it was placed by the NPC activation or not, and especially if so, who should get the reward. The next player in line ? Even if he is not working whith the faction mentionned. That was mind confusing.
Shall we handle this as a Quest action ? Very unclear, would love to hear about this from someone from FFG.

Also, i dont have the rule book under hand as of now, but i am reading a lot of comments stating this, about missing tokens:
' Under “component limitations” in the R.R., you can’t run out of faction tokens. If you do, you’re supposed to use a substitute. '

Anyone has bumped into this yet ?