Where Is Our X-Wing App?

By Luner_Eclipse, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

I have been talking to my friends and we all agree that X-wing could become a Board and a Digital game. For example, when you buy the guns for hire pack, you have to open the pack find either a digital code or the proof of purchase number. Then open the app go to code activation, and input. Bingo you now have one guns for hire digital pack in your game, along with all the corresponding cards! Now I know game company also want in app purchases so... you can have different map styles for $ or even alt paint schemes for $.

Luner_Eclipse

Comment your support and or what should be added.

The general consensus is that FFG's licensing does not extend to that.

Yeah, they're probably not allowed to make anything that seems like a video game. But an official deckbuilding app to replace all my card binders would be awesome!

I'm also super lazy, so if they made generic numbered bases that replaced all the cardboard and had the dials managed by the deckbuilding app too, so all I had to bring with me was a small baggie of bases and tokens and then all my plastic ships, I'd be overjoyed.

18 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Yeah, they're probably not allowed to make anything that seems like a video game. But an official deckbuilding app to replace all my card binders would be awesome!

I'm also super lazy, so if they made generic numbered bases that replaced all the cardboard and had the dials managed by the deckbuilding app too, so all I had to bring with me was a small baggie of bases and tokens and then all my plastic ships, I'd be overjoyed.

To that point - I've migrated practically every non-ship component into a binder these days. I use 3x3 standard card pages for the pilot cards, 4x4 half sized ones for the upgrades, coin ones for the dials (only half of it though, I use the upgrade packs) and the small base cardboard, and then a custom modified dollar bill page (modified with my solder pen to size it down for 2 bases) for the large bases. All of that, along with my maneuver templates that are in a pencil pouch at the front, go into a binder. Then I have my ships (in Sir Willibald tuck boxes), tokens, damage deck, bases and rocks in a box. Works really well - and I've been through a ton of different systems.

On 1/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, Khyros said:

The general consensus is that FFG's licensing does not extend to that.

If that were the case, then they wouldn't have been able to make the Imperial Assault app that they did, where you have a computer AI play the Imperials.