Practice list for Store Championship

By darkjawa103, in Runewars List Building

So I'm playing a bunch of games prepping for store Championship and trying out different lists. Here's what I came up with today.

Waiqar

Death knights 2x1(all I own right now)

Rank discipline

Obcasiums gauntlets

Reanimate Archers 2x2

Wind rune

Combat ingenuity

Reanimates 3x3

Support carrion lancer

Ankaur Maro

Trumpets

Lingering Dead

Heraldic Surcoats

Carrion Lancers 2x1

Moment of Inspiration

Total is 195

My con is only 4 activations per round. Not sure if I should split the archers or something else.

My biggest concern is Ankaur Maro on the Reanimates. The only thing he can add trays to is the archers because he has to add trays to another Waiqar infantry units. But with Wind Rune, the Reanimate Archers will easily move out of range of his necromantic powers. I might go with Ardus in the 9-tray block instead here to a) add a die, and b) get more surge results. You could then change the Lancer to a Front Line variety so you can take advantage of the archers launching blight by adding mortal strikes.

That's how I would modify this army, but it did change how it works quite a bit. The new total is 197, if I calculated correctly.

I'll try that. I don't think I've tried Ardus embedded yet.

Quick formatting tip: if you are not on mobile, you can use shift+enter to go to the next line without having a space between two lines. That can keep your upgrades with the unit and make it easier to read your list.

If you're on mobile, though, it doesn't work, so don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Quick formatting tip: if you are not on mobile, you can use shift+enter to go to the next line without having a space between two lines. That can keep your upgrades with the unit and make it easier to read your list.

If you're on mobile, though, it doesn't work, so don't worry about it.

Yea I only use mobile. Don't own a laptop or PC

I would say split the archers. You lose the re-roll but still have a threat of 2.

Played the list with changes suggested by @Parakitor lost two games. Second one was really close. I'm thinking the big blocks of infantry aren't as strong these days. Definitely prefer the 2x1 archers compared to the 2x2.

Why dont you try the variant of a 3x3 Reanimates with Blighted Vexillum Bearer and Front Carrion Lancer? I like this way of setting wounds for free. If you add an Aggresive Drummer you could do a charge-3 and make a wound in the same turn.

Edited by Athelin

in order fir front line carrion to work you NEED Ardus in that unit as well. Red dice arent good for surges (ive tried frontline carrion in 3x2 unit and even with blight i didnt got those blight based surge wounds). As for the rest of the list: Im nit convincdd for that 2 tray unit of carrions. Last tournament ive ran 2 solo carrions ant they COULD be better with your archers, because in unit you dint multiply surges. 2 solo carruons whrn attacking a blightet targec coukd potentially deal much more damage than one unit if 2 carrions. However 4 tray unit is much more survivable and again worth taking.

2x1 death knight are pretty good and i dont know if i would take larger unit. They act as scuiciders that theirbonly job is to apply death grasp on something big and if they do more then its good for you.