Vector Character Sheet

By drainsmith, in Genesys

This is just a full vector version of the normal Genesys character sheet sheets. The fact that the official one has heavily jpeg'd raster images bothered me deeply. I also took the opportunity to fix the 'astrocartogrphy' typo. Edit* added setting and vehicle sheets

Edit: This is now available in my Dropbox. Link available in the pinned Resources channel

Edited by drainsmith
link

Thank you.

Nicely done!

Only issue I see is that on page 3, the XP blocks on the bottom have overlapping text. I don't know if that is just for me though.

10 minutes ago, Bobus X said:

Only issue I see is that on page 3, the XP blocks on the bottom have overlapping text. I don't know if that is just for me though.

Oh weird. Illustrator shows the fonts correctly, but Acrobat Reader shows them with the wrong font. Just updated the file. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks for the help!

hey these look great! since you have the vectors, have you considered making additional sheet types? (vehicles, setting sheets, etc)

1 hour ago, saethone said:

hey these look great! since you have the vectors, have you considered making additional sheet types? (vehicles, setting sheets, etc)

Setting sheet is easy. Is there a vehicle sheet in the main book or is it fan made only? Link me to one and I can make it vector easily.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2tG8-iIXGdgb1ND6J-XQI0kzftJA

Unfortunately for the vehicle sheet there is neither. You could maybe use the vehicle statblock in the core rule book along with the edge of the empire sheet as a reference?

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/16/fc/16fcc64a-2a88-467f-a701-55c64f617567/edge-of-the-empire-vehicle-sheet.pdf

Not much changed between that and genesys - there are no longer defense zones, and attachments no longer have modifications

1 minute ago, saethone said:

Unfortunately for the vehicle sheet there is neither. You could maybe use the vehicle statblock in the core rule book along with the edge of the empire sheet as a reference?

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/16/fc/16fcc64a-2a88-467f-a701-55c64f617567/edge-of-the-empire-vehicle-sheet.pdf

Not much changed between that and genesys - there are no longer defense zones, and attachments no longer have modifications

Okay, yeah. I can do this. It will take me a while though.

You'd be a saint if you did :)

Looks awesome! I'd definitely suggest posting this thread to the master resource list so people can find these easier :)

Any chance you'd be willing to share the raw illustrator files? This is some very nice work by the way.

We will be mentioning these on The Dice Pool Podcast. They are fantastic.

10 hours ago, Tom Cruise said:

Any chance you'd be willing to share the raw illustrator files? This is some very nice work by the way.

Just rename them to .ai and you should be able to open them with full editing in Illustrator. You should also be able to just drag them into Illustrator. I think you need any of the CC versions to do that. If it doesn't work for you, let me know.

1 hour ago, GM Hooly said:

We will be mentioning these on The Dice Pool Podcast. They are fantastic.

Wow, thanks! Not sure they are podcast worthy. I'm just doing the work that FFG should have done originally.

So I'm a bit uneducated when it comes to layout. What difference does vector vs rastor make?

Also, any chance any of these will be made into form-fillable versions? Maybe a "no skills" version like the Master Thread has?

A Vectorised sheet means you can do this without losing clarity with the image.

katsheet.jpg

1 hour ago, Rrok007 said:

So I'm a bit uneducated when it comes to layout. What difference does vector vs rastor make?

Also, any chance any of these will be made into form-fillable versions? Maybe a "no skills" version like the Master Thread has?

Raster images are pixel based. Meaning, that the image is composed solely of a series of values that denote what the color of each pixel is. Vector images are made up of a series of geometry. Meaning, everything shown is rendered based on the shapes, colors, and sizes denoted in the file. Each one has its best scenarios that it works well in. Raster images are best for photographs and vectors are best for logos or user interfaces.

@GM Hooly I was literally about to link to the same image!

Thanks for the learning. I get it now.

@drainsmith - first, thank you for doing this!

Second, would you be able to use these sheets to make a landscape version with BIGGER TEXT? It's come up a few times (with both SW and Genesys official sheets) that the font is awfully small and hard to read (specially for those of us who's eyeballs are getting older). Multi-page character sheets are fine, it's just that some of us would like to see the information presented in a larger format without going to larger paper (like GM Kaitlin's :D ).

Yeah, that's a great idea. I'll work on that some this weekend.

@admutt Here is a first pass. This is just the first page split across two pages. The ordering of things is very different, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to actually play with something like this. Let me know how you feel about it.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am2tG8-iIXGdgcZcxZGLSDkFidzIhQ

@drainsmith I printed it out in black & white; lines look sharp, but the dotted boxes and circles are a bit faint - is there anything you can do about that?

Otherwise, the skills page, weapons section and character info section are all perfect. The characteristics, attributes and xp graphics all look a bit over-sized though.

It's understandable that the sheets are going to have to have a different flow to them to make the format work, but that's just something we'll all have to get used to if we want to use these bigger sheets.

Thanks for doing this!

I checked the link to character sheet and the download seems to have expired. Can you please re-upload it?