Imperial fleets are for the weak

By thestggrwng, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Just played an expansion game as the empire. My friend and I had been discussing how we feel the game favors the rebellion. Well I made it a point to search and through use of capturing a leader and breaking his will in addition to scouting the tatooine area, dantooine area and endor area as early as possible, I revealed the rebel base turn 3. The piddly troops I sent died but now it couldn't move. Disadvantages we're that I never built a star destroyer despite the rebels getting all three mon cals on the board. Anyone else win with aggressive searches early game?

The Rebels can move their base after its been revealed.

Check the verbiage on Rapid Mobilization.

On 14/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, thestggrwng said:

Just played an expansion game as the empire. My friend and I had been discussing how we feel the game favors the rebellion. Well I made it a point to search and through use of capturing a leader and breaking his will in addition to scouting the tatooine area, dantooine area and endor area as early as possible, I revealed the rebel base turn 3. The piddly troops I sent died but now it couldn't move. Disadvantages we're that I never built a star destroyer despite the rebels getting all three mon cals on the board. Anyone else win with aggressive searches early game?

If the rebels have more capital ships than you, you might as well give up. The empire needs to retain military superiority

5 hours ago, Jabby said:

If the rebels have more capital ships than you, you might as well give up. The empire needs to retain military superiority

And this shouldn't be too hard. Even without making planets loyal, there are several project and action cards that allow the empire to put units in the build queue or on the board.

If you're losing productivity of larger units due to "sabotage", run "Research and Development" more. Regardless of what strategy I employ as the empire, I will always play "Research and Development" every turn. It's really a win-win. You can immediately remove sabotage from any imperial system, if the rebels are foolish enough to place it there. And if they don't, then you get to churn through the project deck faster to find the cards that better suit your needs. And if you need more units on the board, the project deck can net you 2 super star destroyers, 2 star destroyers and a death star. Plus you can play "Oversee Project" to deploy units early from the build queue.

2 minutes ago, thestag said:

And this shouldn't be too hard. Even without making planets loyal, there are several project and action cards that allow the empire to put units in the build queue or on the board.

If you're losing productivity of larger units due to "sabotage", run "Research and Development" more. Regardless of what strategy I employ as the empire, I will always play "Research and Development" every turn. It's really a win-win. You can immediately remove sabotage from any imperial system, if the rebels are foolish enough to place it there. And if they don't, then you get to churn through the project deck faster to find the cards that better suit your needs. And if you need more units on the board, the project deck can net you 2 super star destroyers, 2 star destroyers and a death star. Plus you can play "Oversee Project" to deploy units early from the build queue.

And if you really need the second death star quick you can build it in three moves

comstruct death star

jerrejerods mission

oversee project

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, thestag said:

[...]Regardless of what strategy I employ as the empire, I will always play "Research and Development" every turn. It's really a win-win. You can immediately remove sabotage from any imperial system [...]

Not from subjogated systems. They have to be loyal.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:38 AM, donnie75 said:

Oh, wow, I had not even noticed that. For whatever reason my brain just thought 'Imperial Systems'.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:38 AM, donnie75 said:

You can also withdraw and let the rebels have it.

They don't have a means to remove sabotage.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:43 AM, thestag said:

My brother once got out a second death star in one turn this way

...there is weakness in fear...