Q. Focus 3 card error?

By sinister red, in Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn

I think that the name of focus cards Industry 3 "Nationalism" and Military 3 "Mass Production" have been mistakenly switched. Is it only me who think so?

civ.jpeg

Edited by sinister red

I hadn't thought that, but now you mention it that would make a lot more sense!

I think you are right! Does FFG have like an official errata section anywhere? Couldn't find anything.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:23 AM, sinister red said:

I think that the name of focus cards Industry 3 "Nationalism" and Military 3 "Mass Production" have been mistakenly switched. Is it only me who think so?

civ.jpeg

Just out of curiosity I contacted FFG about this and, after a couple of emails they said "We apologize for any disappointment that this may have caused and unfortunately we do not have any replacement cards being printed for this issue. We have changed this on the future printings of the game and I have forwarded your e-mail to the appropriate people/persons involved to start an internal discussion."

I'm not sure how true this is, but I felt it was rather disappointing that they may have changed this now for reprints but won't process it as a "replacement parts" query.

On 10/01/2018 at 9:23 AM, sinister red said:

civ.jpeg

Just confirming, you are suggesting only the titles and pictures are incorrect? It does not effect gameplay or correctness of text? So the Military card still does the Military Thing.

It's just the name on the card really, no gameplay affected. Military III still does attacks and Industry III builds cities and whatnot. It's just that Nationalism should have been the name for the Military card, and Mass Production the name for the Industry card.

I think if they ever make an expansion to this game, they should just include reprints of these two cards and include them in that box.

I got my copy yesterday and I also have this issue.

Yeah it doesn't break the gameplay in anyway, but its still one of those things that shouldn't have happened xD

Not necessarily wrong. Nationalism, from wikipedia, "therefore, seeks to preserve a nation's culture, by way of pride in national achievements, and is closely linked to patriotism, which, in some cases, includes the belief that the nation should control the country's government and the means of production" - so Nationalism would refer to the patriotism for one's nation reflected in increased production toward's that nation's cultural wonders.

Mass Production would refer to being able to produce things in greater numbers, and thereby product a larger war machine (eg more tanks), resulting in increased attacks.