Showcase: M12-L Kimogila Fighter

By gamblertuba, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

The Kimogila is actually a pretty interesting model hidden under that horrendous Hutt paint scheme. I was just messing around with mixing some paints and got the cool bronzer purple accent color here by accident and tried to come up with a primary paint that matched well. Ended up with this:

IMG_20180105_182558012.jpg?height=400&wi IMG_20180105_182619889.jpg?height=400&wi

(Are we allowed to mention names of video games? I will and if not, please someone PM me to let me know!)

It looks like something out of Halo!

-DD

Edited by Darth Drago

I used a reference pic for once!

BFhAYSH.jpg

z1SCh0T.jpg

gjvfnjd.jpg

Edited by Polda

The Kimo is an odd ship for me. It's so ugly and yet not. It's like that attractive friend that takes bad pictures. Either way, I enjoy it.

I love the stable of ships from Star Wars Galaxies:Jump to light speed

2 hours ago, Polda said:

BFhAYSH.jpg

z1SCh0T.jpg

gjvfnjd.jpg

The one on the right.

Like, wow.

I love it so much!

2 hours ago, Polda said:

BFhAYSH.jpg

WOW!

( I too would like to paint one of each of the card art - but, couple that with one for the title, I don't fancy owning that many Kimo's )

12 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

The Kimo is an odd ship for me. It's so ugly and yet not. It's like that attractive friend that takes bad pictures. Either way, I enjoy it.

The stock paint scheme REALLY doesn't do it any favours; it's bland, the colours are ugly, and it doesn't make any use at all of those lovely big open wing spaces.

15 hours ago, Polda said:

BFhAYSH.jpg

z1SCh0T.jpg

gjvfnjd.jpg

I'm not a fan of the Kimogila, but I might have considered getting one if the stock paint scheme were anything like one of yours.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, Yakostovian said:

I'm not a fan of the Kimogila, but I might have considered getting one if the stock paint scheme were anything like one of yours.

Thank you ;-) Yeah, the stock paint job is too plain for a ship of this size. It would work better with a Hutt Cartel symbol or maybe in a Black Sun scheme with their symbol on one side to break up the flat wing.

Now can I please have some B-Wings with Bullseye arc and the shield/hull value switched around?

Edited by Polda
51 minutes ago, Polda said:

Thank you ;-) Yeah, the stock paint job is too plain for a ship of this size. It would work better with a Hutt Cartel symbol or maybe in a Black Sun scheme with their symbol on one side to break up the flat wing.

Now can I please have some B-Wings with Bullseye arc and the shield/hull value switched around?

Not sure if that was a hint, but I can happily say there might just be a Black Sun Cartel Kimogila or 3 on my painting table at some point ; )

On 1/8/2018 at 2:58 PM, gamblertuba said:

The Kimogila is actually a pretty interesting model hidden under that horrendous Hutt paint scheme. I was just messing around with mixing some paints and got the cool bronzer purple accent color here by accident and tried to come up with a primary paint that matched well.

I hadn't seen this ship in the store yet and hadn't ordered one because it looked so hideous. But the back third of the ship is actually a pretty interesting sculpt, and you're absolutely right - with the alternate paint over the drab Hutt barf scheme, it looks 1000 times better. I just ordered one!

On 30-1-2018 at 4:38 PM, dadocollin said:

I hadn't seen this ship in the store yet and hadn't ordered one because it looked so hideous. But the back third of the ship is actually a pretty interesting sculpt, and you're absolutely right - with the alternate paint over the drab Hutt barf scheme, it looks 1000 times better. I just ordered one!

I like my ships drabby and hutt-colored, I honestly dont know why you would possibly not like it... but I really like all repaints. I think the brown and green defines the scum faction and i like that

18 minutes ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

I like my ships drabby and hutt-colored , I honestly dont know why you would possibly not like it... but I really like all repaints. I think the brown and green defines the scum faction and i like that

I detect much.... heresy in this post.

Wait: wrong fandom.

But seriously, I strongly dislike the Hutt Cartel paint scheme, and almost any other livery will be preferred. (IMO)

I really like the repaints that @ZealuxMyr has gone with so far, and am looking forward to seeing more repaints of those ugly Hutt Cartel ships.

My riff on Dalan Oberos. I've touched this dang thing up 3 times, and still the photos show me goofs. :angry:

FaHcP0F.jpg

6JPccJ0.jpg

On 19-2-2018 at 4:04 AM, Darth Meanie said:

My riff on Dalan Oberos. I've touched this dang thing up 3 times, and still the photos show me goofs. :angry:

FaHcP0F.jpg

6JPccJ0.jpg

O.O

I love that! Personaly I like it when there is weathering and stuff, but your this is amazing!

Toruni Kulda Repaint (NOW with 80% more finnage!)

T6qgzPg.jpg eb1XDyj.jpg

39 minutes ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Toruni Kulda Repaint (NOW with 80% more finnage!)

T6qgzPg.jpg eb1XDyj.jpg

Nice tartan. I didn't know she was Scottish :lol:

But seriously, cool paint. I'm just finishing up my version, and it is going to look oddly similar!

Huh, it's like there's a single reference card we're going off of or something :lol:

Some have said she looks more like a gingerbread man, something I think the seasonal tablecloth is unintentionally emphasizing... :P

Another Dalan inspired one. We need more orange!

Not going for more finnage, but more aggressive and armed to the teeth look:

DytrsQdl.jpg

Wl3I736l.jpg

iT88FY4l.jpg

I see you've added "Extra Munitions"...

Brilliant paint scheme. I made a Dalan Oberos much like ZealuxMyr, but I'm not too satisfied with it. I'll try and take pics so I can post it. I think I may have to re-appropriate some of what you've done to yours.

Edited by Force Majeure

Torani Kulda. Her in-game livery is a lot like my basic Cirque d'Etoile design, so I blended the two:

tuj3DD7.jpg

CfvayM8.jpg

My entries:

pSCKMCG.jpg

ZealuxMyr, it looks like those paintings you see in the desert, where you can only see the design from the air, yet they were made a long time ago.