Mario Kart: Double Dash Mafia | Signups begin!

By Rajam, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

M2oNnBm.png

Helpful rules and links
Newbie Guide : Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules : Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles : Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.

Ruleset

1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold . I reserve the right to not answer any questions.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive). Breaking this rule may blacklist you from future games, and definitely prevents you from being revived in this game.
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message).
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English.
  11. Do not quote logs of communication you have had between yourself and another player. You may paraphrase instead.
  12. Failure to send your Night action will result in No Night actions being performed.
  13. Failure to adhere to the above rules will result in modkill or replacement at the mod's discretion. If you are unsure of whether a post would violate one of these rules, you are more than welcome to ask me personally, beforehand.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day Phase, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Rajam .
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote . You aren't forced to unvote before voting another player, but it'd be highly appreciated.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch .
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be No Lynch .
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight Phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night Phase.

Activity and Deadlines

1. You are required to post every 48 hours (Night Phase is excluded for this purpose). If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. We will have strict Day Phase cycles set on 72 hours in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
  3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 24 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Special Notes

1. Everyone’s win conditions are not necessarily uniform!
  2. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
  3. Knowledge of Mario Kart: Double Dash isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Check out the Mario Kart: Double Dash Wiki Page if you want to read up.
  4. Your character identity is important! Some people may be given special information or hints about your character, so protect your identity at all costs.
  5. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed. Trust no one and make no assumptions.
  6. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  7. Modkills only end Day Phases if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, Day continues. In the event that a player is modkilled during Twilight/Night, the modkill will affect the next Day Phase (meaning that Day Phase would automatically end if the player is Town and that Day Phase would continue as normal if otherwise). Exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.
  8. In the event of a conflict between the ruleset and any game-specific rules or mod communication, the game-specific rules/mod communication take precedence.

Players

1. @Madaghmire
  2. @PodRacer
  3. @GhostofNobodyInParticular
  4. @TheToad
  5. @Caldias
  6. @CaribbeanNinja
  7. @wjuseck
  8. @Visovics

Replacements

1. @Onidsen

Important Events

Edited by Rajam
Sample Role PMs
Koopa, Vanilla Townie

8QDCNJd.png

Active Abilities
Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Kart Partner
Example
Starting Position
Driver
You may use the command " Switch " during any Night Phase. If both you and your Kart Partner use this command on the same Night, you will switch positions at the start of the next Day Phase. You will be told if your partner used this command at the start of each Day regardless. One time while you are in the Driver position, you will be Bulletproof. You may only use your Active Abilities (anything besides your voice, vote, and ability to switch) when you are in the Shooter position. Losing your partner will result in you being able to switch back and forth through the use of the "Switch" command. You may elect to use the command " Don't Switch ".
Win Conditions
You are Town aligned and you win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paratroopa, Town Reporter
6Qnh5wZ.png
Active Abilities
Document: Each night you may send me the command " Document: Player Name ". You will be told if this player is Not Home OR Home . You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command " Document: No Target ".
Kart Partner
Example
Starting Position
Shooter
You may use the command " Switch " during any Night Phase. If both you and your Kart Partner use this command on the same Night, you will switch positions at the start of the next Day Phase. You will be told if your partner used this command at the start of each Day regardless. One time while you are in the Driver position, you will be Bulletproof. You may only use your Active Abilities (anything besides your voice, vote, and ability to switch) when you are in the Shooter position. Losing your partner will result in you being able to switch back and forth through the use of the "Switch" command. You may elect to use the command " Don't Switch ".
Win Conditions
You are Town aligned and you win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Edited by Rajam

1. Im in

2. Will there be an observers doc?

11 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

1. Im in

2. Will there be an observers doc?

There will be something for observers :)

Role PM samples have been added on 2nd post (how do I make the font bigger???)

What do you guys think of the ruleset? I decided on 72-hours Day Phases, and lynching only by majority. Let me know if it is ok.

1 minute ago, Rajam said:

There will be something for observers :)

Role PM samples have been added on 2nd post (how do I make the font bigger???)

What do you guys think of the ruleset? I decided on 72-hours Day Phases, and lynching only by majority. Let me know if it is ok.

Its your game man, whatever you decide is fine.

And I ask about observers as I have a sinking feeling I’ll be spending a large amount of this game dead for some reason.

Im in.

I lack the time to play this game right now, but I'm more than willing to sign up as a replacement.

I’m extremely busy and will be for a while, so this time I’ll take observers

When do you plan to start? I will be largely unavailable until Saturday, but otherwise I want in. If you start before then, please don't expect me to be too active the first few days.

14 hours ago, PodRacer said:

Im in.

Best handle for this game.

Where all the regular peeps at?

Try a Tag bomb.

Can't come for this one, which is shame because this setup sounds pretty cool. Possibly the next one.

This game is getting nowhere near as much attention as it deserves, cmon people! The first game with a duos mechanic! I can’t tag bomb from the phone, anyone want to do the honours?

Some clarifications regarding the pair up mechanic:

• Active abilities may be used in the same Night Phase as the Switch ability. Players don't actually switch until the next Day after all.
  • Players may not communicate privately with their kart partner unless told otherwise.
  • Bulletproof powers are lost ONLY when targeted for a Night Kill while in the Driver position.

I am just too busy for this one guys, so sorry! It does look like an interesting set up, but I need to work and play Armada :D

I very much continue to not have time for Mafia.

I work. Too much

What the ****... I’m TheToad... I’ma gonna win!

I’m in btw

sorry guys, looks fun but I'm way busy. Have fun!

Nope, done with mafia.

Bacta the Future rides back to the sunset