Abilities of imperial figures in the app

By Whitebubble, in Legends of the Alliance

Hi guys,

I was able to play two missions finally. One (maybe stupid) question that came up: the rulebook says we should ignore abilities that contain 'may' or 'choose'. I assume that all other abilities are still active (e.g. cunning, relentless, scattergun).

Is that correct? Or do I just apply the abilities given by the app?

Thanks

Yes, mandatory abilities still apply.

Click on the Info icon on the imperial group to get a list.

Thanks for the answer a1bert. I just realized that without allowing other abilities e.g. the royal guard would have reason to move to an imperial figure (because they can't trigger 'Sentinel'). So I totally agree, that those abilities that do not include the word 'may' or 'chose' should stay in the game.

One follow-up question remains: What about attack abilities that are not triggered by surges (Nexu bleeding for example)? Since the surge options vary from turn to turn they overwrite the card surge options. But I assume (again) that other attack abilities remain (Nexu 'bleeding', royal guard 'reach').

Okay and one more question: if a royal guard is supposed to move and attack does he move to adjacency or 2 spaces away for a melee attack (due to reach)?

I don't think surge abilities vary. I don't think surge priority varies. Groups get bonuses.

Bleed without spending a surge adds Bleed to the attack. If the target suffered damage from the attack, Bleed gives the target bleeding .

I would move figures with reach so that they are able to perform the attack (within 2 spaces and with line of sight to the target).

5 hours ago, a1bert said:

I would move figures with reach so that they are able to perform the attack (within 2 spaces and with line of sight to the target).

Yes no need to be adjacent to the target, especially if it helps the Royal Guard re-positioning next to an imperial figure as its second action.

9 hours ago, Whitebubble said:

Okay and one more question: if a royal guard is supposed to move and attack does he move to adjacency or 2 spaces away for a melee attack (due to reach)?

Per the tutorial they would move as close as possible, but I would play the same as a1bert and IanSolo_FFG. It's how I would do it as the IP so that's how I'm going to do it with the app.