New player: first game doubts

By nick2k3, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hello everybody,

I am new on the forum, I have just received SW:Rebellion game for Christmas and I have been playing it for the first times in these days.

I have a couple of *very basic* questions that I hope can help me proceed smoother through the game and to more advanced topics. I hope someone would be kind enough to answer.

COMMAND PHASE:

1) suppose that Empire has assinged 4 missions and rebels have assigned 2 missions. Once the frist two rebel missions are over, can the Rebel pass his command turn and let the Empire perform his two extra missions?

2) if a player has all his leaders assigned to missions (and thus none in the leader pool) can he oppose the other player by removing one leader from his assigned mission? (i.e. remove from misssion, place it in the leader pool, use that leader to oppose the other player in that system

3) if a player has a leader in a system without any of his troops or ships (i.e. after he has completed a mission there) can he move it as part of the command phase?

3a) if both player are out of missions for that turn, can they start moving the leaders around the various system (with or without the troops, according to point 3) ) or do they always need an underlying mission to drive the movements?

COMBAT PHASE:

during combat player 1 draws 3 space fight and 3 ground fight cards;

player 2 draws 2 space fight and 1 ground fight card.

Are the two player supposed to play all the cards in turns?

what happens once the player with less cards has finished them? should the other player continue to play its card?

I think so far these are the most pressing questions.

Thank you in advance!

5 hours ago, nick2k3 said:

Once the frist two rebel missions are over, can the Rebel pass his command turn and let the Empire perform his two extra missions?

They can pass. However, once they pass, they can no longer use any more leaders that round(either for missions, or for activating systems). They can still use leaders in their pool for opposing a mission or defending in combat.

2) if a player has all his leaders assigned to missions (and thus none in the leader pool) can he oppose the other player by removing one leader from his assigned mission?

No, leaders only move off of missions when they are attempted, or at end of round when leaders return to the pool.

3) if a player has a leader in a system without any of his troops or ships (i.e. after he has completed a mission there) can he move it as part of the command phase?

3a) if both player are out of missions for that turn, can they start moving the leaders around the various system (with or without the troops, according to point 3) ) or do they always need an underlying mission to drive the movements?

Placing a leader in the system is done either via a mission card (or some action cards that act like mission cards), or to activate that system when the leader is in the pool. After that, they don't move again. The exception is during combat, if you retreat with that leader. You CAN activate a system with a leader, and not move any units; this can be used to prep for a later mission/combat at that system.

You do not have to do all missions first before doing activations; you can mix them together in a round. However, once you pass, your turns are done for that round.

COMBAT PHASE:

during combat player 1 draws 3 space fight and 3 ground fight cards;

player 2 draws 2 space fight and 1 ground fight card.

Are the two player supposed to play all the cards in turns?

what happens once the player with less cards has finished them? should the other player continue to play its card?

You can play the related cards on any combat round you want, and as many as you want, to help with that combat. Any that are not used that round, you keep in hand for the next combat round. Once the battle is done, both sides discard any tactics cards they were holding.

One side's cards have no bearing on the other side's cards, so it doesn't matter who has more/less.

Hope that helps!

Edited by phaze