Latari list vs Waiqar

By namelessone81, in Runewars List Building

So this is my list

What do you think ? Is it viable against the waiqar ? ( my opponent usually plays with 2 units of deathnights)

All suggestions are welcome :)

73494199-0F97-465C-A2E5-4350266A9C61.png

Edited by namelessone81

My gut feeling is that you need to split the Scions into two units. Your other three units really need to control the timing of engagement, so you really need some way to slow your enemies down. For example, you can put a Leonx unit behind and to the side of a Scion. When the Scion engages a Death Knights unit, you are open to flank with Leonx or Aliana. Single Scions also make good screens for your archers.

Setup tip: Don't forget that Aliana lets you reposition your Leonx Riders after all other units are placed. To maximize your use of that ability, you need to be thinking of both their initial deployment and final deployment while deplying all other units. See if you can entice your opponent to deploy in the middle against your main force so that the Leonx have a great flanking angle from their post-deployment position. Alternatively, you may not want to reposition for superior engagement but to grab objective tokens instead.

This is always a tough question for me to answer. In my opinion, this game has enough within-faction variety that you can end up with an army that may crush one Waiqar army, but fold to another. Of course, the caveat is that list building is not usually the decider of matches in this game, thankfully.

Looking at your list, I think it's pretty solid. I like Budgernaut's idea to split the Scions into two 1x1 units, but I also like the increased threat on the ranged attack. I'd probably run it the way it is.

I can’t put those “trees” at 1*1 formation because I will be above 200 points :( but thnx for the advice! When I will test this list I will post in the new thread how it went .

You'd have to ditch Vicious Roots to fit two Scions. That's another reason I kind of like the 2x1. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

ok it works just fine the 2x1 scions are quiet good for both offensive and defensive battle .

Hello, I just try tour list as you proposed ... il is really Powerfull ! Despite a strong Waiqar list, I finished the game with all my units alive (with some holes...) and 5/7 of my opponent’s army destroyed

Thanks!! (From France)

... I’ve tried some other lists, your list is still the best !! I have never loose with il!!