Spade Squadron redux IC: Mission Zero- The basics

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Last turn: (everyone moved up to Short except Spade 4, who went all the way to Med1)

Range bands: (Jump point ( Med2 ( Med1 ( Short ( Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 )

Beacon 1 is at engaged, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Long 1 range, and also at long1 range from each other., and also at long range from each other.

--------------------------------

This turn (resetting ranges from the squadron- everyone is at Engaged now, except Spade 4, who is at short):

Range bands: ( Jump point ( Long1 ( Med2 ( Med1 ( Short ( Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 )

Beacon 1 is at short (back), beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at med 2 range, and also at long1 range from each other.

-----------------------------------

"Good pace Spade 4... When you reach the beacon, scan it."

Piloting vs nebula (1 handling, 2 blues from astromech, and a red downgrade)

Piloting the nebula : 2eA+2eP+3eB+1eC+3eD+2eS 1 success, 1 threat
a--.png a-s.png p-a.png p-s-s.png b-s.png b-a-a.png b-s.png c-f-f.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png s-th.png s-f.png

1 system strain, moving to short

Astromech copilot

Astromech copilot check : 2eA+1eP+2eD 4 successes, 3 threat
a-s.png a-s.png p-s-s.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Assist astromech

Vulc pulls back the throttle to the BTL-A4 Y-Wing's midway point. He thought " Wish my astromech could keep the pace! " happy to receive a compliment from Spade 1. Vulc comms " Will do Spade 1 ".

Spade 4 was still maintaining a decent pace at half the speed. R3-D0 beeps " Vulc, I am getting a read on some ionization clouds shifting which will give us a brief clearing! ". The astromech's calculations was able to provide the pilot with enough sensory information to break through the difficult terrain. Vulc took advantage of the clear space and closed-in on Beacon 2.

Range Bands: Starting at Short Range and Beacon 2 at Med 2.

Vulc incidentals down to Speed 2. Vulc Fly/Drive maneuvers in nebula with wingman assist and a rank of skilled jockey.

Nebula Piloting Speed 2 + Wingman Boost & Rank 1 Skilled Jockey : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eC+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png b-a-a.png c--.png c-th-th.png s--.png

1x Advantage boost for Vulcs next check; 1x Advantage boost for R3-D0 next Co-pilot action.

1x Triumph for a 3rd free maneuver

Nebula Copilot +1 Boost from Vulc : 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png b-s-a.png d--.png d-th.png

3x Advantages to ignore penalizing terrain or stellar effects until the end of the next turn (Will use next turn).

2x Advantages used for Vulc's 2nd Drive/Drive maneuver this turn (2 boosts)

2x Success Reduces 2x Red Dice

Vulc Fly/Drives his 2nd maneuver in nebula with wingman assist, boost from prior check and a rank of skilled jockey.

Nebula Piloting Speed 2 + Wingman Boost, Prior Piloting Boost & Rank 1 Skilled Jockey : 2eP+2eA+2eB+2eC+1eS 0 successes, 3 advantage
p--.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png b-a.png b--.png c-th-th.png c-th.png s-f.png

Nebula Piloting Speed 2 boost : 1eB 0 successes, 1 advantage
b-a.png

Nebula Piloting Speed 2 Boost : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

Needed the 2x boosts from R3-D0's Copilot to succeed this 2nd maneuver.

5x Advantages open for Spade Squadron; Vulc will claim if unused :D

Vulc Fly/Drives his 3rd maneuver in nebula with wingman assist and a rank of skilled jockey.

Nebula Piloting Speed 2 + Wingman Boost & Rank 1 Skilled Jockey : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eC+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png c-f-th.png c-f-f.png s--.png

2x Advantages for Vulc next round; 1x Advantages for R3-D0.

Summary: 3x maneuvers at speed 2, moving 1 and half range bands. Started from Short range and ended at Med1 1/2. Beacon 2 is at Med2 (half a band away).

"Think you can manage some navigation, Ellie?"

"[I'll give it a shot.]"

Astrogation [Plot Course] : 4eA+2eD+2eB 1 success, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png b--.png b-s.png

Using 2 advantage from @Vergence , Ellie manages to cut out one setback. Ellie assists, giving Walter a blue die for Piloting. She also gives out a blue for Walter's next check, as well as giving out another blue for him.

"[Can't see much, but I got something.]"

With that in mind, Walter decides to play it fast and loose, just to blow off some steam.

"Hey, Ellie, you know when I said I was going to go slow?"

"[Yes...?]"

"Let me turn it down a bit..." he says with a grin before hitting full power. He had to admit, it was fun being a Rebel sometimes.

"[Wait, that isn't-waAAAAAAAA!]"

Piloting [Full speed into a nebula again] : 1eP+2eA+2eC+2eD+8eB+2eS 3 successes, 3 advantage
p--.png a-s.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png c-th.png d--.png d-f-th.png b--.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png b-s.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b--.png b-s.png s-th.png s--.png

Moving to short range, spending 3 Advantages to ignore penalizing surrounding terrain next turn.

The Y-Wings go full speed, making it past the section easily.

Walter and his wingman prepare to follow Spade 4 in, who isn't too far away.

Piloting [Full speed into a nebula again] : 1eP+2eA+2eC+2eD+1eB 1 success, 3 threat
p-a.png a--.png a-a-a.png c-th.png c-th-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png b-s.png

Not sure if removing penalizing terrain means to remove all the setback or remove the challenge dice. I am going for the former.

They get closer to Spade 4, but while they are heading towards him, Walter gets a sudden chill. It feels like something could go wrong...

Will leave it up to @Rakaydos to determine what 3 threat means to them.

Edited by satkaz

Caleb deftly maneuvers through the nebula. " See, Scout , nothing to it. It just takes an experienced pilot, and a steady ha.."

Before he finishes, out of nowhere, a heavy blast of ionization washes over the aged starfighter.

"WttThhFrrrk!?!?"

Character Scout
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Copilot
Results 1eA+1eP+2eD : 2 failures, 1 advantage [1eA=A] [1eP=S] [2eD=F/F, F]
a-a.png p-s.png d-f-f.png d-f.png
Edgehawk
Character Caleb
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Maneuver in Nebula
Results 3eA+1eP+1eB+2eD+2eC : 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Despair [3eA=A, S/A, S/S] [1eP=A/A] [1eB=S] [2eD=Th, Th] [2eC=Th, D]
a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-s.png p-a-a.png b-s.png d-th.png d-th.png c-th.png c-d.png