Spade Squadron redux IC: Mission Zero- The basics

By Rakaydos, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Mission Briefing:

Before we take the fight to the empire, lets review the capabilities of your Retrofitted Clone War BTL-A4 Y-Wing Tactical Bombers.

We will be taking a short hyperjump to an ion nebula where we have set up a number of beacons for flight qualification. Each of you will practice flight maneuvering, coordination with your wingmen, and basic managament of your shields, sensors and Laser and Ion weaponry. Any questions?

(mechanical questions in the OOC)

Mission start:

A dozen Ywings and a single Xwing lifted from the isolated Dantoine farmstead. The commander relayed hyperspace coordinates, and the group shot into hyperspace.

Emerging just outside a rather wispy nebula, the commander cut engines and signaled the group. "All wingpairs, check in, and scan for the beacons."

(Average computers or hard perception. Your wingman grants a blue die assist.)

Scanning over the computers looking bored, Charlie says "Spade 3 standing by" : 2eA+2eD+1eB+1eP 0 successes, 3 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png b-s-a.png p-a-a.png

"what are we doing here Spade 1,the empires not shooting space dust." still scanning the clouds, Charlie starts getting frausterated" Even though he doesn't want to admit it he isn't getting anything on the Scanner. "FX can you get anything" The astromech tries its best to get a bead on the Scanners but not much luck. "what a great start to mission". The early failure inspiring him to show his stuff in future events.

Edited by Samuel Richard
grammer error

This isn't Walter Albright's first training exercise. He's seen this before: move to a location, practice flying with a group, and learning the ins and out of his craft. But this was different.

Going to hyperspace without a ship struck him the most: a TIE fighter couldn't go into into hyperspace on its own. The slower handling of the Y-Wing was next: it was definitely less responsive on the stick than the TIEs he once flew.

How funny , he thought. Used to have to go after these things, and now I'm in one.

When the squadron jumped out, a view of the nebula appeared. It's go time.

At that point, the squadron leader, Spade 1, gave orders to check in and scan for beacons.

"Spade 1, this is Spade 2, wilco."

In his cockpit, Walter started adjusting the sensors to get a lock on the beacons. "Hey, Ellie," he said, addressing the R3 unit behind him. "Looks like we got some beacons to find."

Computers [Scanning...] : 3eA+2eD+1eB 4 successes
a-s.png a-s-s.png a-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png b-s-a.png

Got it.

R3-LE, or "Ellie" for short, immediately chirped inside the cockpit.

[Already on it. Think I got a lock, but need you to clear up some anomalies, okay?]

Normally, R3 units weren't supposed to be in starfighters: they were meant for capital ships. But when the entire Albright family made their escape to the Rebels, they just had to take Ellie with them. After all, she had served the Albright family for a better part of a decade. Walter was thankful someone akin to family was with him.

"Gotcha, Ellie," Walter replied, flipping some more switches. "And...there." The beacons lit up on their sensors, clear as day.

[Score one for us!]

"Spade 1, this is Spade 2. Got the beacons on my sensors, over."

Edited by satkaz
Reverting numbers

As the BTL-A4 Y-Wing jumps out of hyperspace, Vulc glances outside his cockpit to view the wispy nebula around the transparisteel canopy. Vulc thinks " Yep, massive colorful ionized clouds of gas " as he confirms the coordinates on his navcomputer.

Vulc reports " Spade 4 checking in " over the comm.

" Lets scan for beacons, R3-D0" the pilot says viewing the starfighter sensors. The BTL Y-Wing rapidly collects an abundance of data on the found beacons. R3-D0 hasty beeps " Locked " as it inputs all the data calculations into a visual for his pilot. Impressed, Vulc says " Wow! " as he views the beacon information on his sensors.

Vulc informs over the comm " Spade Squadron, this is Spade 4, beacons locked ".

Edited by Vergence

"Whatcha got there, Scout? " Caleb's droid had been with him for many years, and his appendages had recently been modified to fit a standard astromech socket.

"BreeDrrrpBrrPrrwww!"

"Spade One? Spade Seven. We've got 'em.."

"PwwlZrrZrrWrrrrrrpp?!?!!"

Frak.. That doesn't sound good...

Description Computers
Results 4eA+1eB+2eD : 3 successes, 1 threat [4eA=S/S, A, -, -] [1eB=S/A] [2eD=Th, Th/Th]
a-s-s.png a-a.png a--.png a--.png b-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png
Edited by Edgehawk

Thes was lounging back in the seat of the Y-Wing fighter, gazing out at the impressive view that the training area provided. Though she'd avoid being so sentimental in front of others, she did really enjoy the peacefulness that space made her feel. It really was beautiful.

Swish meanwhile was focused on the piloting of the vessel from the droid socket that he was plugged into. 'Spade five, signing in!' he would say cheerily before Thes hurriedly scrambles for the comm to cut him off.

'Spade five, signing in' she would repeat in a warning tone, aimed at the droid companion. 'Scanning for beacons' she would say as she leans forwards, flipping the switches on the console to begin the scan. As she does so she would switch on her comms to talk directly to the droid.

'Hey Swish, don't forget, I am in charge, not you'.

'Yup, I got it boss!' Swish would say cheerily as he returns to piloting in silence.

With her scanners picking up on the beacons, Thes would flip her com back on. 'Ok, er, yeah I got the beacons on my scanner'.

Scanning for Beacons : 4eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage

a-s-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png b-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

"Spade 8 here, I got the beacons on my screen." Aan is still getting used to his new cockpit. It is a lot more cramped than the freighters he is used to fly.

"A3, can you run some basic system checks? This thing is a lot older than me and I don't want it to fall apart on my first flight." The R2 unit gives off some angry beeps. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that you are falling apart or that you did a poor job maintaining it, I'm just careful."

Scanning for beacons : 3eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage
a-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f.png

Range bands: Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 ) Long4 ) Extreme

Beacon 1 is at Long 1, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Extreme range, and also at long range from each other.

----------------------------------------------

"Alright, boys and girls, throttle up, we'll make a pass by beacon 1,, then navigate the nebula to inspect the supply drop at beacon 2, then we'll head over to the asteroid by beacon 3 for some target practice. Understood?"

----------------------

The Xwing lit's it's engines, it's pilot using the Fly/Drive maneuver, punching to speed 4 for 3 system strain, (Speed 4 is the Ywing maximum speed, and a standard value for maneuvering) And moving up to one range band toward Beacon 1

As a second maneuver, the instructor in the Xwing uses the fly/drive maneuver again, to reach the Medium1 range band.

The Xwing's astromech, meanwhile, performs a Repair System Strain check:

strain repair : 1eA+2eP 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png

strain repair difficulty : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

The astromech repairs 3 system strain (successes) It also spends a maneuver to give the Xwing pilot a blue die on his's next piloting check.

Edited by Rakaydos

" Not wanting to be the slow poke Charlie comms his wingman " Hey Spade 6, try and keep up" grinning like a mad man he comms to FX. "Umbara if you will FX" FX understanding the code braces it self while preparing for Charlies Antics. "WOOOOOHOOOO" screams Charlie as he throws the aging Y-wing into full throttle!

Charlie uses the Fly/drive maneuver increase his speed to 4 causing 2 SS Due to High G training 1, Accelerates too range medium 2

FX is going to attempt to fix the SS as the Y-wing accelerates

Repairing the SS : 2eP+2eA 4 successes
p-s.png p--.png a-s.png a-s-s.png

having been used too Charlies

antics, FX bleeps away as he quickly repairs frayed wires and sparking panels.

Charlie glancing at the controls as he rockets ahead says "Always could depend on you pal". He blasts ahead wooping all the way.

Charlie converts his Action to a maneuver and uses the Fly/Drive maneuver to move to medium range.

"Excuse me Spade 1 as he rockets by."

Edited by Samuel Richard
Technical terms

Vulc cheers " All of Spade made the jump, R3-D0! " followed up by his reowned Sullustan laugh. The pair on cue receives orders to throttle up and navigate towards Beacon 1 with a fly-by. R3-D0 sternly snaps " You heard the Commander! " beeping in binary. Vulc grins at his astromech's statement as he views the sensors to align the BTL-A4 Y-Wing to the first beacon. The pilot flips a few switches and slides throttle speed up to its known maximum. A surge of excitement fills the Sullustan as the BTL Y-Wing's Koensayr Ion Engines ignite. The console begins to rattle as the cockpit lights up from the illumination of the exhaust nacelles. It seem as the starfighter rapidly departs, the internal computer system spikes due to the strain of acceleration.

System Strain Repair (Mechanics) : 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 3 advantage

p-a-a.png a-a.png a-s-s.png

Mechanics Difficulty : 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

1 Advantage for R3-D0's next Mechanics check; 1 Advantage for next PC needing a boost.

Strain equal to silhouette (3); R3-D0 heals 2 out 3 strain.

Vulc incidentals the starfighter to speed 4 & (Fly/Drive) maneuvers one range band; Vulc maneuvers (Fly/Drive) 1 range band towards the first beacon again.

R3-D0 beeps " I see it. Proceed to target ". The astromech attempts to neutralize some of the electrical system shock to handle its pilot's acceleration speeds. Meanwhile, Vulc focuses on maneuvering the starfighter to Beacon 1.

Edited by Vergence

Seeing the rest start to accelerate, Walter says to Ellie and his wingman, "Guess we're punching it as well. Get ready."

["Uhh, okay. Readying up."]

His wingman radios in a roger.

"And...go!"

The engines on the Y-Wing light up in a flash and Walter feels the push of the acceleration as it goes up to its maximum speed. A maneuver like that surely put some strain onto the fighter. At least it lets him keep up.

Walter uses a maneuver to take the Y-Wing to 4, taking 3 System Strain along with it and moves to Short. He spend the action into a maneuver and moves to Medium.

Taking a look at the sensors, he sees that his wingman has followed him in.

"Good thing you're here, Ellie. TIEs don't have astromechs."

["You can count on me! Want me to see if I can stabilize some of the systems?"]

"Go for it."

Mechanics [System Strain Recovery] : 2eP+2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s.png a--.png a-a.png

1 out of 3 strain recovered. Y-Wing has 8/10 Strain left. Spend a maneuver to add a blue dice to next piloting check. Spends the advantage to give a blue dice to next check.

Added Difficulty : 1eD 0 successes
d--.png

["...I got systems partially stabilized."]

"... Partially , Ellie?" Well, R3s were made more for capital ships than starfighters...

["Ehehehe...I'll...start figuring out flight paths for you...yeah."]

The thought of a droid being embarrassed amused Walter. Meanwhile Ellie starts transmitting data to the other droids.

["Umm, watch it when you start stabilizing systems. Drawing power from an overloaded system too fast might overload other systems..."]

Edited by satkaz
Forgot Difficulty

Throttle up, aye! A smile creases the pilot's weathered face. "Let's see what this old girl can do," he wonders aloud to Scout , or perhaps just to himself. Either way, the astromech chirps in dismay, still trying to effect repair of whatever minor electrical mayhem had triggered its previous outburst.

(Fly Maneuver to increase Speed to 4, taking 4 System Strain total, due to the previous unspecified Threat)

Character Caleb
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Full Throttle
Results 3eA+1eP+1eB+3eD : 1 failure, 5 advantage [3eA=A/A, S/A, A/A] [1eP=S/A] [1eB=A] [3eD=Th, F/F, F/Th]
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-a.png b-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

Copy pasta: link bbcode

(Failed Action. 2 Advantage to perform additional Fly Maneuver, reaching Medium 1 Range, relative to Beacon 1).

(1 Advantage to Boost Scout's Mechanics check; 2 last Advantage to Boost his own next check).

Despite the droid's protests, binary expletives that a protocol droid would not care to interpret, Caleb punches it.. to little effect. "Well.. alright, alright.. See what you can do, eh Scout?"

Character Scout
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description System Strain Repair
Results 2eA+2eP+1eB+1eD : 1 success, 1 advantage [2eA=-, A] [2eP=S/S, -] [1eB=-] [1eD=F]
a--.png a-a.png p-s-s.png p--.png b--.png d-f.png

(System Strain reduced from 4 to 3; passes a Boost to the next PC; Scout will spend a Maneuver to Boost Caleb's next piloting check).

Scout fixes the original issue, but cannot keep up with Caleb's impetuous piloting of the aged craft. Opening a channel with his squadron counterparts, he opines that both starfighter and pilot may be past their prime, and warns of the issues he has encountered. The other astromechs chime in acknowledgement, some in commiseration.

'Heeeere weeee goooo' Swish would sing cheerily through the ship comm to Thes. She would sigh, slouching back in her seat. She was uncomfortable with precision flying, she was always paranoid that they were going to crash in a fiery ball of destruction.

'Just, don't get it killed alright?' she would say into the come, communicating directly with the droid.

'I'll try!' he'd say cheerily as they follow behind the others. Before setting off, Swish had been given strict instructions by Thes to not try anything too fancy on this journey. Just to test out the ship, and the group.

As Swish pilots the ship, Thes was fiddling with the console, making sure nothing blew up in her face from he strain the ship was put under.

Strain Reduction : 2eP+2eA+1eD 5 successes, 1 threat

p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d-th-th.png

On 1/5/2018 at 0:13 PM, Edgehawk said:

Throttle up, aye! A smile creases the pilot's weathered face. "Let's see what this old girl can do," he wonders aloud to Scout , or perhaps just to himself. Either way, the astromech chirps in dismay, still trying to effect repair of whatever minor electrical mayhem had triggered its previous outburst.

(Fly Maneuver to increase Speed to 4, taking 4 System Strain total, due to the previous unspecified Threat)

Character Caleb
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Full Throttle
Results 3eA+1eP+1eB+3eD : 1 failure, 5 advantage [3eA=A/A, S/A, A/A] [1eP=S/A] [1eB=A] [3eD=Th, F/F, F/Th]
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a-a.png p-s-a.png b-a.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

(Failed Action. 2 Advantage to perform additional Fly Maneuver, reaching Medium 1 Range, relative to Beacon 1).

(1 Advantage to Boost Scout's Mechanics check; 2 last Advantage to Boost his own next check).

Despite the droid's protests, binary expletives that a protocol droid would not care to interpret, Caleb punches it.. to little effect. "Well.. alright, alright.. See what you can do, eh Scout?"

Character Scout
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description System Strain Repair
Results 2eA+2eP+1eB+1eD : 1 success, 1 advantage [2eA=-, A] [2eP=S/S, -] [1eB=-] [1eD=F]
a--.png a-a.png p-s-s.png p--.png b--.png d-f.png

(System Strain reduced from 4 to 3; passes a Boost to the next PC; Scout will spend a Maneuver to Boost Caleb's next piloting check).

Scout fixes the original issue, but cannot keep up with Caleb's impetuous piloting of the aged craft. Opening a channel with his squadron counterparts, he opines that both starfighter and pilot may be past their prime, and warns of the issues he has encountered. The other astromechs chime in acknowledgement, some in commiseration.

Semi-Understanding the binary FX is receiving, Charlies briefly adjusts comms as he rockets on side by side with Spade 1. "Spade 7 you alright there I thought I heard there was power fluctuations in your rear fuselage.

"Quit checkin' my 6, there, hotshot. Let's leave my rear fuselage fluctuations out of this."

Scout is on it, and it is confirmed by R3-D0. "ZrpBrWrrll!" Scout emits confidently.

Boost from R3-D0
Results 1eB : 0 successes, 1 advantage [1eB=A]
b-a.png

(Just pass the Boost on, I guess, from this Advantage)

Edited by Edgehawk

Last turn: (everyone moved up to Med1)

Range bands: Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 ) Long4 ) Extreme

Beacon 1 is at Long 1, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Extreme range, and also at long range from each other.

--------------------------------

This turn (resetting ranges from the squadron- everyone is at Engaged now):

Range bands: (Jump point ( Short ( Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 )

Beacon 1 is at Med 1, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Long 3 range, and also at long1 range from each other.

"Coming up on the nebula... watch your proximity sensors"

Spade Leader flies twice, engaging beacon 1 at med1, at the edge of the nebula.

Leader's astromech attempts to Copilot, attempting to downgrade red dice on Spade LEader's next piloting check. (which he will need to do in the nebula)

Astromech copilot check : 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Next round, Spade Leader will turn 1 of the red dice he will be rolling for Piloting through terrain at speed into a purple, but all other red dice will remain.

Walter follows Spade 1 in along with his wingman to the beacon. Nearby is the edge of a nebula.

Walter spends both the maneuver and action to get to Med 1.

"Nebula, huh?" he says. "We'll have to take this slow when we enter."

"[And what do you want me to do?]" Ellie asks.

"See if you can plot a course through the nebula, I think I can manage the flying for now."

"[Rodger dodger. I'll also be keeping an eye out for stuff when you're flying through the nebula.]" Ellie does her best, buoyed by Scout's success.

Ellie will assist as her maneuver, giving Walter a blue dice for next piloting check. As for the action, she will plot a course, using an Average Astrogation check. Will take the blue dice from

@Edgehawk

Astrogation [Plot Course] : 4eA+2eD+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png b-a-a.png

Removes 1 black dice from next check in difficult terrain, gives another blue dice to Walter.

"[Nebula's pretty thick from here, but I think I got a path set up. And don't mind if I take some of the nav systems under my command, that should help you with some of the piloting.]"

"Good thinking, Ellie. Hopefully that should get us through the nebula."

Edited by satkaz

Alert, the Sullustan pilot monitors the BTL-A4 Y-Wing's sensors as it shadows Spade Leader towards Beacon 1.

R3-D0 beeps " Spade 4 is approaching nearness to the nebula's edge. Managing systems now! Focus on remaining in formation, Vulc ". The astromech starts to calculate the beginning stages within the nebula to Beacon 2.

As Spade 4 closed in towards the beacon, Vulc says " Approaching target in 3, 2, 1... Beacon 1 Fly-by successful! " to R3-D0.

Vulc Fly/Drives maneuvers 2x from Engaged to Med 1.

R3-D0 performs Co-Pilot Action.

Nebula Co-pilot Action : 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
p-a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png d--.png d--.png

3x Advantages to ignore penalizing terrain or stellar effects until the end of the next turn.

1x Advantage to add a boost to next pilot's check.

Edited by Vergence

Swish would continue to hum merrily as he pilots the ship near the back of the formation. In fact the ship had begun to sway slightly in time with his humming till Thes switched back on the comm. 'Hey, just fly the ship like everyone else alright?'

Swish would level the ship back out in response to the command. 'Alright, will do boss!' The humming persisted though till Thes turned the comm off, leaving him to hum into the vacuum of space.

The nebula was a truly spectacular sight, but all spacers knew the risk of flying through one. Thes would sigh, sitting back up in her seat as she reaches for the console in front of her. 'Alright, plotting route, let's see how this goes'.

Astrogation Check : 1eP+3eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Edited by Rabobankrider

Caleb still wants to test the limits of his ship, but begrudgingly acknowledges that the approaching nebula may be test enough, without further attempts to throttle-up. I'll play follow-the-leader, like a good flyboy... Maneuvering to pass by Beacon 1, he can't resist scanning it, curious about its nature; maybe it's just a buoy in space.. but what is it.. and why is it here..? Most likely it is just a beacon.. here for us to fly by.. But it is his nature to dig deeper, see what else he can discover... "What have we here..?"

Fly maneuver x2 (Caleb takes 2 Strain);

Scan the Enemy Action; passes Boost to Scout:

Description Scan the Enemy (Beacon 1)
Results 2eA+1eP+1eB+3eD : 4 successes, 1 advantage [2eA=S, A/A] [1eP=S/S] [1eB=S] [3eD=-, Th, -]
a-s.png a-a-a.png p-s-s.png b-s.png d--.png d-th.png d--.png

(Scout fails to appreciably assist, but passes a Boost to the next PC):

Description Copilot
Results 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD : 0 successes, 1 advantage [1eA=A/A] [1eP=A] [1eB=-] [2eD=Th/Th, -]
a-a-a.png p-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d--.png

@Rabobankrider You should roll a Boost, from @Vergence 's previous Advantage! And for whoever rolls next, my Astromech is passing on a Boost, as well.

Edited by Edgehawk

Charlie is getting bored quickly so he decides to have a little fun.

Uses maneuver to go to up one range band now on top off the beacon,Charlie will then take 2 strain to gain another maneuver and goes up another range band

Fx squeaks out "this aint a great idea man, your going to get kicked out just like with the Toompana marauders." Charlie grins and responds "these people won't try and disintegrate me for just pulling ahead a bit eh?" With that Charlie pulls his ship into a corkscrew! attempting to gain the advantage on Spade 1!

Fx will attempt a co-pilot action : 2eD+2eP 1 success, 2 threat, 1 Triumph

d-th-th.png d-f.png p-tr.png p-s.png

Fx wasn't expecting to be called into action but he does his best to copilot. One red dice will be downgraded on the Nebula check. With the triumph he will be able upgrade Charles upcoming Nebula piloting check, the threat you may spend Almighty Gm

I am roleplaying that Charlie is not trying to shoot his squadron leader rather he is trying to pull ahead to be a show boat.

: 2eD+2eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png d-th.png p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png

Charlies is able to pull slightly ahead of Spade 1 as he barrels forward!

Last turn: (everyone moved up to Med1)

Range bands: (Jump point ( Short ( Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 ) Long2 ) Long3 )

This turn (resetting ranges from the squadron- everyone is at Engaged now):

Range bands: ( Jump point ( Med2 ( Med1 ( Short ( Engaged ) Short ) Med1 ) Med2 ) Long1 )

Beacon 1 is at Engaged, beacon 2 and 3 are in the nebula at Long 1 range, and also at long1 range from each other.

"Watch yourself, Spade 3- Dont get cocky!"
Eyeballing the drifting strands of raw ionization, the Xwing piloted by Spade 1 dove into the nebula...

Difficult terrain checks is one of the few times you can roll dice as a maneuver.The difficulty is your speed (4) upgraded by half your silluette rounded up. (we're sil 3, so upgraded twice) This nebula also gives 2 black dice for being a bad hazard.

Each success on Plot the Course removes a black die, and each success on Copilot drops a red to a purple. Add your blue die from your wingman giving you advise, as well as anything carried over from your atromech's advantage. Spade 1 also gets his Xwing's maneuver die, but the Ywing doesnt have any.

Difficult terrain 1 : 2eA+2eP+1eB+1eC+3eD+2eS 1 failure
a-s.png a-a.png p-s-s.png p--.png b-s.png c-th.png d-f-f.png d-f.png d-f.png s--.png s-f.png

The Xwing was nimble, but almost as soon as he began, Spade 1 entered a pocket, a bubble of ionization too small for him to turn around in at his speed. Aiming for a thin part of the bubble, the Xwing plowed through, shields crackling and systems sparking from the experience. Slowing to avoid the next ion cloud, he added, "R4, you ok back there? Get ready for the next one..."

(5+1 (1 failure) damage from the nebula. Shields take 3 system strain parrying 3 damage, hull soaks 3, 0 damage recieved) Second maneuver assisting astromech.

Spad e 1 status: hull 0/10, System 3/10

R4 twittered, managing the shield bleed and optimizing the inertial compensator. The ship wasnt in immediate danger, so it focused on helping Spade Leader avoid the worst droid-destroying clumps of ion cloud.

Astromech copilot check : 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-s-a.png p-s-a.png b-a.png d-f.png d-th.png

One red downgraded, one blue die back to spade leader, plus an assist back to spade leader.

"Help me out, here, Scout.." Caleb eyes the nebula they are so rapidly hurtling toward. "Looks ugly up ahead."

"ZrrpBrrPrrl?!"

"Yes, fine.. It is actually quite beautiful.." A potentially lethal beauty...

Character Scout
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Copilot
Results 1eA+1eP+1eB+2eD : 4 successes, 2 advantage [1eA=S/A] [1eP=S/S] [1eB=S/A] [2eD=-, -]
a-s-a.png p-s-s.png b-s-a.png d--.png d--.png

Character Caleb
Campaign Spade Squadron
Description Maneuver into Nebula
Results 3eA+1eP+3eB+4eD+2eS : 1 failure, 3 advantage [3eA=A, A, -] [1eP=S/A] [3eB=S, A, A] [4eD=-, F/F, -, Th] [2eS=Th, F]
a-a.png a-a.png a--.png p-s-a.png b-s.png b-a.png b-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png d--.png d-th.png s-th.png s-f.png

(Use 3 Advantage to Ignore penalizing terrain or stellar phenomena until end of next turn )

"BzztKrrpWrnk!!"

"Told you, Scout.. Never trust beauty."

(Edit: Current status HT 3/12; SS 3/10)

Edited by Edgehawk

Spade 4 enters into the edge of the nebula passing numerous ionization cloud pockets towards Beacon 2. R3-D0 exchanges mutual nebula hazard assessments with its wingman. Vulc says " Lets hope your programming can accurately calculate the position of all these stellar hazards, R3-D0! " as he passes a problematic ionization strand drifting towards the squadron.

Surprisingly, the duo safely pilots the BTL-A4 Y-Wing through numerous ionization bubbles jolting through the nebula's terrain. R3-D0 beeps " We must be doing something right; we still have our wingman! " pleased with the performance. Of course, caught up in the present nebula risks, R3-D0 struggles to calculate any further hazards. R3-D0 beeps " I cannot maintain all these hazard calculations at this speed, Vulc. The nebula is littered with variables! ".

Vulc replies " Understood R3-D0. I see the bad weather too " laughing at the chaos.

Vulc uses R3-D0's Copilot action advantages: 3x Advantages to ignore penalizing terrain or stellar effects until the end of the next turn & 1x Advantage to add a boost to next pilot's check. Vulc chose to use the ignore stellar effects reducing the 2x Red dice and adding a copilot boost plus, wingman bonus boost to his piloting check.

Nebula Piloting Speed 4 + Wingman & R3-D0 boosts : 2eP+2eA+2eB+4eD+2eS 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-a-a.png a-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png s-th.png s--.png

(PS: Don't forget your talents. Vulc forgot he had skilled jockey.)

1xAdvantage: Boost used by @satkaz

Vulc ignores stellar effects again reducing the 2x Red dice until end of turn, adding a wingman boost and 1 rank of skilled jockey.

Nebula Piloting Speed 4 +Wingman boost +Skilled Jockey Rank 1 : 2eP+2eA+1eB+4eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png a-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-th.png s--.png

Vulc succeeds at moving through the nebula 2x range bands at speed 4 (from Engaged Beacon 1 to Med 1 Beacon 2).

Copiloting Inside Nebula : 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png a-a.png a--.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Edited by Vergence

Walter starts following the squadron leader and the rest of the squadron in the nebula, noting Spade 3 trying to show off.

"If he was piloting a TIE Fighter, that stunt would have cost him brig time," he mused. Then again, some of the deadliest Rebel pilots in his time back in with the Empire tended to fly "with their muscles and guts".

"We're heading into the nebula. Get ready."

Walter's wingman replies, "Wilco, Spade 2. Full speed?"

"Full speed. Ellie?"

"[What's up?]"

"See if you can manage some of the systems here."

"[I-I'll give it a shot...]"

Ellie will try to copilot as an action.

Piloting [Copilot] : 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a.png d-f.png d--.png

Will spend the advantage to give a blue to Walter. Meanwhile, her maneuver will be another assist.

Try as she might, the Y-Wing's systems turn out to be rather messy. While she doesn't get full control, she's managed to increase the handling on the Y-Wing for a moment.

"[Ugh, sorry about that. Couldn't get all systems.]"

"Don't worry about it, Ellie. You still did some good."

Walter starts focusing on flying, using Ellie's past course plotting, her help, and all his skill.

Walter moves inside the nebula.

Piloting [Full speed into a nebula] : 1eP+2eA+2eC+2eD+3eB+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-a-a.png a-a-a.png c--.png c-f-th.png d-th.png d-f-th.png b--.png b--.png b-s.png s--.png

Adding Boost from @Vergence

Boost Die : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png

5 damage, Walter uses the Shield incidental, suffers 3 strain to block 3 damage, armor takes the rest. 2 advantages spent to add another Boost to himself.

Current Y-Wing stats: HT 10/10, SS 5/10

The Y-Wings hit an ionization spot inside and start shaking violently. The system blare up and the shields start crackling. Walter keeps it together, but he can hear Ellie's chirps getting quite louder than usual.

Thankfully, the Y-Wings make it out of the spot.

"You two all right?" Walter says to both Ellie and his wingman.

"Yeah, took some hard knocks here, but we're still good," his wingman replies.

"[That was scary! Can't you take it a bit slower? Now I got to consider getting some of the systems back up again...]" Ellie angrily chirps.

Walter chuckles. "Hey, at least we're not in a TIE. This would have knocked it flat in no time."

"[...Still doesn't help.]"

Edited by satkaz