Genesys Custom Cards

By Korlall, in Genesys

Hi all,

I made a template some time ago to design quick references cards. I was encouraged to make a Threat out of it so there it is!

The files are located in my personal Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fxGLdBvwsThk-Qxb21gJxBm11GSBn4ZH

There are actually 2 templates. One is for making fantasy-style card, with scroll texture, and the other one is more generic, in the colors of the Rulebook.

The drive also contains a tutorial on How-to create your own cards.

I made these using Photoshop but I provided PNGs files for those using other photo-editing software.

Hope you guys enjoy it and can make great cards out of it :)

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

I encourage you to post a link in the resource thread.

Edit: Looks like you already have.

Edited by ESP77
5 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

I encourage you to post a link in the resource thread.

Edit: Looks like you already have.

Yes but it links directly to the google Drive. It is supposed to be updated soon to point here. Same goes for my Pathfinder Setting Thread.

This is so awesome and so useful. Thank you! =]

quick thing on the holy water card i noticed the last 'just' is spelled 'jsut' =]

Edited by jcarhat
2 hours ago, jcarhat said:

This is so awesome and so useful. Thank you! =]

quick thing on the holy water card i noticed the last 'just' is spelled 'jsut' =]

Typos will be my doom :P

Thanks for the work in creating these. My group enjoys using them.

do you have an indesign template or something that you used for that pathfinder pdf? I've been wanting something like that to do my settings book in the same style as the genesys book but haven't found anything yet...was about to hunker down and make it myself if i had to :P

Pardon my ignorance, but I'd love to be able to use this but I don't have access to Photoshop. Can your tutorial be followed using Photoshop Elements?

I've had great success converting to a gimp version (lots of renaming and re-ordering as gimp likes to mangle psd), tho some of the masks get eaten during the import.

2 hours ago, Khoram said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'd love to be able to use this but I don't have access to Photoshop. Can your tutorial be followed using Photoshop Elements?

Sadly I cannot tell as I never used Photoshop Element myself (I'm ignorant as well?)

2 hours ago, Jimmifett said:

I've had great success converting to a gimp version (lots of renaming and re-ordering as gimp likes to mangle psd), tho some of the masks get eaten during the import.

That's great if at least there is some kind of free alternative.

I plan to use this very soon to make a deck of monster quick reference cards!

On 2.1.2018 at 4:36 PM, saethone said:

do you have an indesign template or something that you used for that pathfinder pdf? I've been wanting something like that to do my settings book in the same style as the genesys book but haven't found anything yet...was about to hunker down and make it myself if i had to :P

You can take my doc as a starting point if you want to use InDesign: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BqQqtEqoSuYGedXDeNfEI1O-oeDtajve

Edited by siabrac
On 02/01/2018 at 10:36 AM, saethone said:

Sadly I don't as I never used InDesign. That document was made with Word and simply used used the fonts available from my drive.

Chapters and titles are bebasneue while the body is Minion Pro. For the color, I used to Rulebook Pdf to get the same color.

I guess I could make a template but it would be based off Word though.

Edited by Korlall
38 minutes ago, Korlall said:

I would be interested in this.

25 minutes ago, Palomarus said:

I would be interested in this.

Seconded

2 hours ago, Korlall said:

Third is my word.

I'll have the template done when I have time...

New to photoshop, great stuff here! Question: what's the best and most efficient way to print these when all is said and done? Convert them to PDF, merge them into one doc, and then use a custom printing grid of sorts (like 2x2 or something)?

Are these meant to be folded and fit inside a standard 2.5 x 3.5 card sleeve?

2 minutes ago, The Mick said:

New to photoshop, great stuff here! Question: what's the best and most efficient way to print these when all is said and done? Convert them to PDF, merge them into one doc, and then use a custom printing grid of sorts (like 2x2 or something)?

Are these meant to be folded and fit inside a standard 2.5 x 3.5 card sleeve?

The template is meant to be printed, folded and use the Mayday Green card sleeves. Away from computer but it is specified into the tutorial file. It's something like 63,5mm x 88mm if I remember correctly.

Two per pages is probably the best you'll be able to do I guess. Actually, I don't print them for now as I play currently exclusively on the web.

What I would recommend is cropping larger and past a completed card beside it so that make 2 in the same picture and then you print directly from photoshop. I'm really not sure it's the most efficient way... Sorry.

11 minutes ago, Korlall said:

The template is meant to be printed, folded and use the Mayday Green card sleeves. Away from computer but it is specified into the tutorial file. It's something like 63,5mm x 88mm if I remember correctly.

Two per pages is probably the best you'll be able to do I guess. Actually, I don't print them for now as I play currently exclusively on the web.

What I would recommend is cropping larger and past a completed card beside it so that make 2 in the same picture and then you print directly from photoshop. I'm really not sure it's the most efficient way... Sorry.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to mess around with it I guess to see what is optimal for printer ink! haha

On 04/01/2018 at 9:20 AM, The Mick said:

Thanks for the info! I'll have to mess around with it I guess to see what is optimal for printer ink! haha

For printing, I would really recommand the Generic Template instead of Fantasy even if you are playing fantasy. The darker background of the fantasy template is not ink friendly for sure.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jimmifett said:

Could you please share this? Thank you!

Love these, though it looks like the "Creation Kit" folder is empty. At least, to me it seems that way.

Had a few questions though...

1. Have you considered changing the "City/Settlement" card to "Locale" to make it more flexible and usable for other locations, such as counties, regions, nations, etc?

2. Do you plan on rounding out the Fantasy and Generic sets to have the same cards? For instance, I noticed the Fantasy set doesn't have a 'Vehicle' card (for carts, flying carpets, etc) and The modern set doesn't have a 'Deity' card.

3. Are you thinking of any additional cards, such as making an 'Implement' card instead of having it be a spell card?

Again, really love the work you've done on these

On 20/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, Rrok007 said:

Love these, though it looks like the "Creation Kit" folder is empty. At least, to me it seems that way.

Had a few questions though...

1. Have you considered changing the "City/Settlement" card to "Locale" to make it more flexible and usable for other locations, such as counties, regions, nations, etc?

2. Do you plan on rounding out the Fantasy and Generic sets to have the same cards? For instance, I noticed the Fantasy set doesn't have a 'Vehicle' card (for carts, flying carpets, etc) and The modern set doesn't have a 'Deity' card.

3. Are you thinking of any additional cards, such as making an 'Implement' card instead of having it be a spell card?

Again, really love the work you've done on these

Just checked back the "Creation Kit" Folder. Its files are still there. Maybe try a refresh or something?

1. I could. It's a matter of seconds... Will do shortly after submitting that reply.

2. I should make a Vehicle card for Fantasy you're right. Will probably do such soon.

3. Yes and no. I think the current cards cover mostly everything you could need. Thing is that many of the game concept can be used by the same card. The only thing that should be changed would be the banner. For example, in the Fantasy Card Template, the Spell, Settlemnt and Deity are using mostly the same layout. Picture at the top and textbox at the bottom. The only difference is mostly the Banner at the top left. I guess I could jsut end up more banner options... I could take the Spell card, switch the banner text to "Implement" and that would do the thing.

I'm glad you love the template :)

On 20/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, Rrok007 said:

Here's the Ship Card for Fantasy. There as two banners for now, which are "Ship" and "Vehicle"

Capture.JPG.8f79100c37ba9bcde928c0b6148fc721.JPG