Playing the Bluff Token and Draw Combat Tokens, Diplomacy, and Raid Token Questions

By wlmiv, in Battle for Rokugan

Hello:

I have placed these questions on BGG, but maybe you could help me here.

Here are my questions:

1) If I play the bluffing token during one of my turns, I do not play one of my Combat Tokens, do I keep that token to the next round?

The rules say draw until each player has "a total of six tokens behind the screen."

Therefore, does this unused Combat Token carry over to the next turn?

Also, can one accumulate more than six Combat Tokens behind their screen? For instance the Lion player has a +2 on their bluff Combat Token. It is to their advantage to play the bluff Combat Token. Therefore, if they draw a 1 Combat Token and do not play it during the Placement Phase, are they allowed to draw a set of five Combat Tokens during the Draw Combat Token part of the Upkeep Phase? This would technically give them 6 tokens (and possibly more as the game progresses if they continually play their bluff token), plus their bluff Combat Token?

2) When one plays a Diplomacy token into a province being attacked by another player, does this the Diplomacy token negate all attacking Combat tokens including the Raid token?

3) How many Raid tokens does one get? In my copy of the game the Unicorn Clan has two.

Thank you.

1)yes, you will keep that sixth token for a later round. The bluff token will then go back to your "hand" (behind your screen) and the following round you will only draw 4 new combat tokens, unless you are Dragon clan. You will not aquire more tokens than 6 behind your screen at any one time.

2) the Raid token will actually resolve before the diplomacy token. The diplomacy would resolve and cancel any attacking tokens (army, navy, shinobi) if there were no Raid tokens present. The resolution phase follows this order:

1. Revealed Combat Tokens

2. Discard bluff and illegally placed tokens

3. Resolve raid tokens

4. Resolve diplomacy tokens

5. Resolve battles

6. Claim territories

7. Advance round track

The quick reference guide on the back of the rule book has been a real life saver for me.

3) All clans get 1 raid token with the exception of the Unicorn clan. They get 2 raid tokens because the extra raid token is their special clan combat token.

Crab gets a navy 3 token.

Crane gets a 2nd diplomacy token.

Dragon a blessing 3.

Lion an army 6.

Phoenix a blessing 3.

Scorpion a shinobi 3.

And Unicorn’s 2nd raid.

Hope this all helped. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I have!