Genesys Talents Expanded

By TheSapient, in Genesys

11 hours ago, TheSapient said:

I'm very happy you have been enjoying the results of this project. We've talked it over some more, and are content to let GTE be a finished and final product as is. GTE was created to provide tables with a broader range of options when Genesys was new, and resources were scarce, With the large number of official FFG talents now available, and the massive amount of community created content, the need for GTE is greatly reduced.

For those looking for a complete and actively updated list of official Genesys talents, I refer you to DrainSmith's Dispensary of Everything You Nee d.

Thanks you for all the enthusiasm. We do appreciate it.

Thanks for the link; those are interesting resources.

As you are done with this, is it ok if we build on what you have started to create the "ultimate Genesys talent database"? That could even be exported into a PDF for people that like PDFs with official looks (once you have the right data, you can generate almost anything).

Personally, I love playing Star Wars with Genesys instead of skill trees, so I extensively use your work for my ISB campaign. Instead of only maintaining it for myself, I could, with some help, maintain the thing for everyone.

On 12/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, drainsmith said:

This should help out any future efforts.

Here are the current published talents as JSON

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjv02n1khjg21b2/talents.json?dl=0

For some reason I did not get the notification for your reply.

That said, once I complete the revamp/improvements that I'm doing to my campaign website (like generating NPC cards dynamically), I'll compare your JSON with mine and see if I can come up with something more maintainable and shareable, that could be useful to the community.

That would be awesome!

Thanks for working on that. 👍

Gents, i downloaded the copy of the pdf and word format document from the thread page, and i have completed adding the talents from the Genesys Expnaded Player's Guide.

I made a few other minor minor revisions, to correct grammatical errors etc... I also moved a few talents within the document to a tier category that seemed more appropriate to the TIER per the GCRB talent creation guidelines and in referenced comparison to when they may have appeared in the StarWars products.

Would you all be interested in these additions/revisions for review and or download publication within the community. I can also provide the link for the word version as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iozf00rv8ov4hci/Genesys%20Talents%20Expanded%20Version%205.0%20-%20revised.pdf?dl=0

14 minutes ago, greyknight74 said:

Gents, i downloaded the copy of the pdf and word format document from the thread page, and i have completed adding the talents from the Genesys Expnaded Player's Guide.

I made a few other minor minor revisions, to correct grammatical errors etc... I also moved a few talents within the document to a tier category that seemed more appropriate to the TIER per the GCRB talent creation guidelines and in referenced comparison to when they may have appeared in the StarWars products.

Would you all be interested in these additions/revisions for review and or download publication within the community. I can also provide the link for the word version as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iozf00rv8ov4hci/Genesys Talents Expanded Version 5.0 - revised.pdf?dl=0

Looks very great and handy, thank you very much!

1 hour ago, greyknight74 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iozf00rv8ov4hci/Genesys Talents Expanded Version 5.0 - revised.pdf?dl=0

Nice job!

Do you happen to have the list of changes? I'd be curious to compare it with my changes and maybe use some of yours (I did not analyzed every single talent).

You said Word, but have you updated the Excel spreadsheet as well?

Thanks

We are genuinely happy to see this document continue to be used and modified for people's needs. While we claim no ownership over the content (as it is largely FFG materials, with modifications and tiers added by the document authors), we do ask that those who would share their own versions use the following guidance.

----

Version naming: Please use the format "Version [versionNumberOfDocumentUsed] - [yourName] {yourNumberingConvention] - [dateOfRelease]

For example, if VeronicaSupreme were to modify GTE Version 5.0, they would label their document as " Version 5.0 - VeronicaSupreme 1.0 - May 15, 2020 ".

Authorship: Please do not change the author list, which reflects those individuals who came to a group consensus for each talent in the official document. Please DO add a line to the title page stating the document has been revised by you.

For example, VeronicaSupreme would add " Revised by VeronicaSupreme ".

Description: Please add text to the Introduction section describing, at any level of detail, the changes you have made.

For example, VeronicaSupreme might add " VeronicaSupreme has removed all magic-related talents, and changed the tiers of several talents ."

-----

If we do decide to update, modify, or expand GTE in the future, will continue to increment the version numbers from where we left off. Using the guidance above will allow users to release multiple branches of the document, as per their own needs and understandings, without creating confusion over what is actually contained in any.

Thanks for your understanding, and especially for using this resource!

Per discussions with TheSapient, i have made some further changes to the posting detailed above which include a summary of changes and a modification to the credits.

The link for this document in PDF format is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s466zbmya761ar3/Genesys Talents Expanded V5.0 GkV1.0.pdf?dl=0

The link for this document in Word format is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7iib5yss87v9dc4/Genesys Talents Expanded V5.0 GkV1.0.docx?dl=0

I have not revised the excel format document, it was a link i did not review from the thread page origin. I preferred to work within the Word format and convert back into a PDF.

I had originally started adding talents from new released documents when this was v4.2 but conversion from PDF into Word made for major slow downs in syn-taxing then i got the bright idea to see if the Originators had updated it themselves, and restarted from that point. I plan to try and keep updating the document as needed with any new content from my gaming circle or from talent additions which haven't made the cut in translation from the SW FFG supplements.

Thanks for all the feedback. Special thanks to the original collaborative teams efforts to compile this document in the first place!!!!