Rage Spine when your unit can't suffer morale effect

By Budgernaut, in Runewars Rules Questions

Let's say your unit with Rage Spine is down to one tray and an enemy suffers the effects of the morale card that has them attack themselves. Will Rage Spine work? You can't actually suffer the effects of the card. In other FF games, the template "Do X to do Y" clearly indicates the cost of X must be paid in order for Y to proceed, but there is no statement like that in the rules, as far as I'm aware. Still, I'm inclined to think you can't Rage Spine if your unit can't suffer the effects.

(By the way, this problem applies to other morale cards, too, like if you're engaged with several units and are missing trays such that you can't reform and you can't march be cause you are engaged.

I would think paying the cost is required. If you cannot it would fizzle. I have nothing to support this though.

Edited by Darthain

My thought is even though you can't "suffer" the results of the card, doesn't mean you didn't have the card affected against you. If someone were to use a morale card against you that said reform them and move them away and there was no option for them to do that. They still exhausted that card and used it...

Rage Spine only triggers off of morale cards with 1 morale symbol. These are all name delivery or noon removal cards. Unfortunately, you can't ise it to remove a tray to cause them to remove 2.

3 hours ago, Govrek said:

Rage Spine only triggers off of morale cards with 1 morale symbol. These are all name delivery or noon removal cards. Unfortunately, you can't ise it to remove a tray to cause them to remove 2.

Good point. I'll have to review the 1-morale cards to see whether this is even an issue.

9 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Good point. I'll have to review the 1-morale cards to see whether this is even an issue.

They are all take a bane I think

Edited by Darthain
4 minutes ago, Darthain said:

They are all take a band I think.

Yep, you're right. So there's no way you can't suffer a morale effect for Rage Spine. Still, I'll be curious to keep an eye out for more cards that say, "Do X to do Y."